Windows 10: how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

Discus and support how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please note: This is not about changing input methods or keyboards. This is about changing "Modes" within a keyboard. The shift key is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lintj, Jul 4, 2020.

1. lintj Win User

how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

Please note:

This is not about changing input methods or keyboards. This is about changing "Modes" within a keyboard.

The shift key is really annoying.

I'm using Microsoft Wubi input method. This input method has two modes: English mode and Chinese mode.
    A setting named "Mode Switching" in Microsoft Pinyin allows users toggling two modes with their satisified keys, but none in Microsoft Wubi input method. What should I do to disable toggling with Shift and only allow Ctrl+Space?

similar problem but the solution doesn't apply to Microsoft Wubi:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-between/a76cb0aa-329f-4c7d-b12c-96aee6f65065

:)

lintj, Jul 4, 2020

2. how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in Microsoft Wubi?

I'm using Microsoft Wubi input method. This input method has two modes: English mode and Chinese mode.

A setting named "Mode Switching" in Microsoft Pinyin allows users toggling two modes with their satisified key(s), but none in Microsoft Wubi input method. What should I do to disable toggling with Shift and only allow Ctrl+Space?

monororothird, Jul 4, 2020
  3. how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in Microsoft Wubi?

Thanks for your reply. However, I tried this solution and it applied on Microsoft Pinyin input method, not on Microsoft Wubi input method. In other word, I disabled toggle Chinese and English mode in Microsoft Pinyin with shift key, but this key
    still working as toggling in Microsoft Wubi.

monororothird, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in Microsoft Wubi?

Hello monororothird,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you are looking for eliminating the Shift key that toggles between Chinese and English input mode in
    Microsoft Wubi. Ideally, to disable the hotkey, we would change the modes in
    Settings as mentioned below:

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      Settings.
    • Click on Time & Language and on the left pane, select
      Region and Language.
    • Under Languages, you may choose
      Chinese (CN) and click Options button.
    • Under Keyboard, you may select your input method as
      Pinyin.
    • Click on Keys, and you may change the language hotkeys from
      Shift to None and try to use Ctrl + Space hotkeys to toggle between the input languages.

Kindly get back to us with the results. Will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in... - Similar Threads - disable Shift key

2. how to disable sound input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable sound input: How can I disable sound. I want to know if any kind of noise is being played near my laptop outside like some street vendor selling vegetable or some one pressing door bell , then I want to disable these kind of external sounds for 2-3 hours. In my windows 10 exam. 161378
  3. Toggle to lock keyboard input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toggle to lock keyboard input: Hi all, Is there a way to lock your keyboard input through Windows? My cats are a pain in the neck. I normally leave my laptop on for music/calls/etc. at night, and they like to crawl all over the keyboard, causing all sorts of mass destruction by the time I'm up in the...
  4. how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in...: I'm using Microsoft Wubi input method. This input method has two modes: English mode and Chinese mode. A setting named "Mode Switching" in Microsoft Pinyin allows users toggling two modes with their satisified key(s), but none in Microsoft Wubi input method. What should I do...
  5. Chinese input on Windows 10

Chinese input on Windows 10: On Windows 7 I can enter pinyin with punctuation to convert the previous entries (to the first choice of characters) without stopping. On Windows 10 any punctuation exits pinyin mode without converting the previous entries to characters. Is there a way to avoid this?...
  6. Safe mode problem (no input)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode problem (no input): I tried using DDU to remove my drivers and there was an option to go into safe mode that people said to use but ever since I did that option and it restarted, my pc has a black screen that you get when there is no input, I believe I need to get out of safe mode but I’m not...
  7. How to disable SHIFT(+NONE) hotkey for switching EN/CN mode in Chinese Wubi input method??

How to disable SHIFT(+NONE) hotkey for switching EN/CN mode in Chinese Wubi input method??: I know this is an old question. Someone posted similar questions before. And the support DID NOT GET THE QUESTION. The support give long, tedious, unrelated, takes-forever-to-follow answers and it makes me ANGRY!!! Finally some other USER gave the correct answer... FOR...
  8. Chinese Pinyin input

Chinese Pinyin input: Can I install PinYing input method for both traditional and simplified Chinese? [Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/chinese-pinyin-input/ec028f92-8782-4b8c-9988-d4842fbbc9a2
  9. How to setup Chinese IME (Zhuyin) with English input mode as default, system-widely?

How to setup Chinese IME (Zhuyin) with English input mode as default, system-widely?: Hi all, I started using Windows 10 recently, and there's a problem bothers me a lot. This issue seems to last for quite a long time since Windows 10 was out. And I know users with other languages might have this problem, too. All I could find online are alternative...
  10. How to setup Windows 10 Chinese IM (Zhuyin) but with English input mode as default,...

How to setup Windows 10 Chinese IM (Zhuyin) but with English input mode as default,...: Hi all, I started using Windows 10 recently, and there's a problem bothers me a lot. This issue seems to last for quite a long time since Windows 10 was out. And I know users with other languages might have this problem, too. All I could find online are alternative...