Windows 10: How to disable shutdown option only

Discus and support How to disable shutdown option only in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,How can I disable\hide shutdown option from start menu, but I want to keep restart option available for end users. Is there a way to accomplish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Abdallah AbuEidah, Mar 31, 2023.

1. How to disable shutdown option only

Hello,How can I disable\hide shutdown option from start menu, but I want to keep restart option available for end users. Is there a way to accomplish this via GPO?My goal is to prevent users from powering off their machines. I don't want to remove the entire shutdown shutdown, restart, sleep and etc.. options.Note: Shutdown options are hidden from lock screen.Third-party tools are NOT allowedThanks

:)

Abdallah AbuEidah, Mar 31, 2023
  2. James Win User

Windows 10 "Shutdown Button" Not Working - I Give Up

Hello, Caxtin.

I’ve not actually heard about this before - I’m assuming when you shut down and make a small mouse or keyboard input it turns on instantly?

My guess on the fix is to disable Fast startup.

Fast Startup is also known as Windows Hybrid Shutdown. Follow these steps to disable it:
    1. Open the Control Panel
    2. Go to Hardware and Sound → Power Options
    3. Click on Choose what the power button doeschoose what the power button does
    4. Go to Shutdown Settings
    5. Uncheck the Turn on Fast Startup (recommended) optionturn off fast startup windows 10
    6. Apply the changes.

If you can’t uncheck Fast Startup, click on the option Change settings that are currently unavailable.

You could also run the shutdown command to see if that works (a method of troubleshooting if the above option doesn’t work)
    In the start menu type: Shutdown /s /t 0

- *Smile

James, Mar 31, 2023
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Mar 31, 2023
  4. How to disable shutdown option only

no full shutdown on asus minilaptop

Hi,

The issue that you've encountered regarding the shutdown behavior of your PC is may be caused by some settings or program conflicts. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the
    Shutdown settings from the Control Panel. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel, and then press
      Enter.
    • On the Control Panel search box, type Power Options and select it from the search results.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • If the options under the Shutdown settings is grayed out, click the
      Change settings that are currently unavailable to make it enable.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) and then click
      Save changes
    • Once you’re done, you may check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

How to disable shutdown option only

1. How to disable shutdown option only - Similar Threads - disable shutdown option

2. The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns": I have waited for 2 hours in that case and signed it successfully. However, this problem appears every time I turn on my laptop. So to use my laptop I have to wait for 2 hours every time. What should I do? I've been calling to support for an hour and didn't receive reply....
  3. The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns": I have waited for 2 hours in that case and signed it successfully. However, this problem appears every time I turn on my laptop. So to use my laptop I have to wait for 2 hours every time. What should I do? I've been calling to support for an hour and didn't receive reply....
  4. How to disable shutdown option only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable shutdown option only: Hello,How can I disable\hide shutdown option from start menu, but I want to keep restart option available for end users. Is there a way to accomplish this via GPO?My goal is to prevent users from powering off their machines. I don't want to remove the entire shutdown...
  5. How to disable shutdown option only

How to disable shutdown option only: Hello,How can I disable\hide shutdown option from start menu, but I want to keep restart option available for end users. Is there a way to accomplish this via GPO?My goal is to prevent users from powering off their machines. I don't want to remove the entire shutdown...
  6. Please help: only option is to shutdown system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help: only option is to shutdown system.: Second owner of dell latitude 5500. I've read Dell issued corrupted update. How do I know if this is a reason for my problem. Also the cooling fan won't turn on so gets very hot super fast....
  7. Please help: only option is to shutdown system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help: only option is to shutdown system.: Second owner of dell latitude 5500. I've read Dell issued corrupted update. How do I know if this is a reason for my problem. Also the cooling fan won't turn on so gets very hot super fast....
  8. Please help: only option is to shutdown system.

9. Disable Shutdown Confirmation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Shutdown Confirmation: I always have a program running that won't shutdown with Windows so I always have to confirm the shutdown or the PC won't turn off. Can I tweak the ShutdownButton just to force kill everything without my confirmation? - I always forget to do it and already left the the room...
  10. Disabling the sign in option for only 1 account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling the sign in option for only 1 account: Hello all, I have a question. I want to disable the sign in option for an User account but through the Advanced User Account control panel it can be done for both administrator and other user account. I just want to disable one of them while keeping the pin requirement for...