Windows 10: How to disable Side-by-side grouping per Application ID?

Discus and support How to disable Side-by-side grouping per Application ID? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is NOT a question concerning Windows stacking on ONE icon in the taskbar. Back in the day I could open Explorer - Word - Explorer. And the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KKTheBeast8, Jan 13, 2021.

1. How to disable Side-by-side grouping per Application ID?

This is NOT a question concerning Windows stacking on ONE icon in the taskbar.

Back in the day I could open Explorer - Word - Explorer. And the windows would be in that order on the Taskbar.

Now if I Open

Explorer - Word - Explorer.

We Get:

Explorer - Explorer - Word

I can not track what I am doing and maintain a Functional workflow when there is not a barring regarding a visual time line.

How can I disable the Side-by-Side grouping by Application and have all new windows opened place there icon to the right of everything so that by default everything to the right is recent and the further to the left is the oldest?

Thank you for your help.

:)

KKTheBeast8, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Ian Sal Win User

Lumia 1520 on ATT win 10 unable to send group message

Hi,

Let's get this resolved. We would suggest performing these steps:

• From the start screen, tap People app.
    • If necessary, touch the screen and slide right to display the together
      screen.
    • Scroll down to Groups, then select the group you want to send a message to.
    • Tap text.
    • Enter your message.
    • When finished, tap the Send icon.
    Note: If Group Text is enabled in Settings > Applications > Messaging > Group Text, the responses to a group will be sent as MMS message. Disable Group Text if you don't want the messages to be
    converted

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Jan 13, 2021
  3. disable Group Policy client service for Home versions without gpedit.exe?

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

The Group Policy Client (gpsvc) service is responsible for applying and enforcing computer settings set by an administrator using Group Policy. If the service is stopped or disabled, the settings will not be applied and applications and components
    will not be manageable through Group Policy. Any components or applications that depend on the Group Policy component might not be functional if the service is stopped or disabled.

Try to disable the Group Policy client service and check.

Follow the steps.

1. Press the Windows + R key from the keyboard and type "services.msc".

2. Search for Group Policy service and try to disable it.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jan 13, 2021
  4. How to disable Side-by-side grouping per Application ID?

Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Side-by-side grouping per Application ID?

1. How to disable Side-by-side grouping per Application ID? - Similar Threads - disable Side side

2. How to correct the side-by-side configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to correct the side-by-side configuration: I'm not able to open Microsoft Edge - get the message "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect..." I went to settings and "repaired" Edge, as directed, but that did not fix the problem....
  3. How to correct the side-by-side configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to correct the side-by-side configuration: I'm not able to open Microsoft Edge - get the message "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect..." I went to settings and "repaired" Edge, as directed, but that did not fix the problem....
  4. How to correct side-by-side configuration?

How to correct side-by-side configuration?: I am going bananas trying to resolve this 'side-by-side configuration is incorrect' error. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. I downloaded the C++ registry and I am also unable to install it and I am unable to...
  5. Side-by-Side Configuration, Application Event Log, sxstrace.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side-by-Side Configuration, Application Event Log, sxstrace.exe: Gentlemen,ERROR MESSAGE: Side-by-Side Configuration error, See: Application Event Log, or sxstrace.exe on a few of my programs appears and Cannot Correct Same ... After a System Recovery,,, Examples: MsEdge; FaceBook; Youtube; Jukebox; Solunar Tables and More???Please Help...
  6. Side-by-Side Configuration, Application Event Log, sxstrace.exe

Side-by-Side Configuration, Application Event Log, sxstrace.exe: Gentlemen,ERROR MESSAGE: Side-by-Side Configuration error, See: Application Event Log, or sxstrace.exe on a few of my programs appears and Cannot Correct Same ... After a System Recovery,,, Examples: MsEdge; FaceBook; Youtube; Jukebox; Solunar Tables and More???Please Help...
  7. Two applications at startup on desktop side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two applications at startup on desktop side by side: I have volunteers helping with operating a video system. I have two programs that I want to open at the startup of the windows desktop that are placed side by side after signing into windows. The two programs are not the same size and shape but I don't want them to overlap...
  8. Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect: hello i wanted to play some games then a error came in it say Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect i try to get visual c++ but when i press it it gave me the same message so please i need help...
  9. Side-By-Side configuration error - Error ID 33

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side-By-Side configuration error - Error ID 33: Hi all, I've been having this issue each time my windows updates, where I basically can't open a lot of .exe programs. I saw that it could've been something to do with C++ packages not being installed but I'm certain I have them all. Sxstrace tool doesn't even open, and sfc...
  10. Side by Side error for a game application

in Windows 10 Support
    Side by Side error for a game application: Hi for some reason I am getting the "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." on a game I want to play and I'm not sure how to fix this....