Windows 10: How to disable software upgrade automatically?

Discus and support How to disable software upgrade automatically? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I get old version software and would like to know on how to disable software upgrade automaticallyIs there anything to control it?Does anyone have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by oemSoft, Jan 29, 2023.

1. oemSoft Win User

How to disable software upgrade automatically?

I get old version software and would like to know on how to disable software upgrade automaticallyIs there anything to control it?Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance

:)

oemSoft, Jan 29, 2023
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 29, 2023
  3. Disable automatics updates

Hi MelissaRobinson3.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try to disable automatic updates starting from the point that automatic updates behave like any service. Follow these steps:

* Press the Windows + R key, type services.msc in the execution bar and press the Enter key.

* In the list of processes locate the Windows Update and open it by clicking on it.

* To disable it, in the General tab, look for the field "Type of start" and change it to "Disabled".

* Restart the PC and the automatic updates will have gone down in history.

If at any time you want to activate them again, simply follow these steps again and change the startup type to "Automatic".

DouglasMillar69, Jan 29, 2023
  4. How to disable software upgrade automatically?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

How to disable software upgrade automatically?

1. How to disable software upgrade automatically? - Similar Threads - disable software upgrade

2. How to disable software upgrade automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable software upgrade automatically?: I get old version software and would like to know on how to disable software upgrade automaticallyIs there anything to control it?Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  3. Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11: How do I disable the Windows Update that forces me to install Windows 11? I do not want to install Windows 11 at this time.To clarify, I know how to disable updates completely -- I would rather not do that. I want to disable this single specific update without completely...
  4. Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11: How do I disable the Windows Update that forces me to install Windows 11? I do not want to install Windows 11 at this time.To clarify, I know how to disable updates completely -- I would rather not do that. I want to disable this single specific update without completely...
  5. Disable automatic upgrade from 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently.

Disable or remove Windows 10 automatic update software permanently.: I have no reason to update Windows 10, literally no reason at all, screw security updates, I know how to be secure on Windows even with the Anti-Virus and Firewall disabled. I would like for Windows to not to reboot my laptop while I still have google chrome incognito tabs...
  7. How to disable software protection service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable software protection service: As discussed in the topic. because i was play online game but suddenly my computer have restart automatic and take so many time to reboot i'm wait until there finished to start and see 1 log i think this is a problem "Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for...
  8. Which is the best software that can upgrade Windows automatically?

Which is the best software that can upgrade Windows automatically?: Is there any tool that can make us free from the efforts of searching and updating the latest updates that are released by Microsoft twice every year?...
  9. How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?: The Windows 8.1 method is not working... I cannot find "Idle Maintenance" under TaskScheduler anymore!!! 63833
  10. How to disable automatic maintenance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable automatic maintenance?: I want to disable automatic maintenance because my new SSD is arriving soon, and since SSDs have a limited life span, I want to preserve them as much as possible. ( I know modern SSDs can last a loooooooooong time, I just want to be super careful with mine. *Smile)...