Windows 10: How to disable specific axes of a game controller.

Discus and support How to disable specific axes of a game controller. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a gear shifter that I am using to control a game. In the game controller properties on windows, it has two extra axes that are not being used.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sam141234, Dec 12, 2020.

1. How to disable specific axes of a game controller.

I have a gear shifter that I am using to control a game. In the game controller properties on windows, it has two extra axes that are not being used. They are set to halfway as default. For some reason this modulates my gas pedal which is a completely different device. The game I am using, Horizon 4, thinks that the unused access on my shifter is the gas pedal and it automatically accelerates even though I have the assignment selected as my gas pedal. How can I disable these axes so that I only have the buttons that the shifter actually uses on the game controller profile?

submitted by /u/Sam141234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sam141234, Dec 12, 2020

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 12, 2020
  3. control key disabled

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer recently?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. To do this kindly follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 12, 2020
  4. How to disable specific axes of a game controller.

Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

How to disable specific axes of a game controller.

1. How to disable specific axes of a game controller. - Similar Threads - disable specific axes

2. Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?: I don't want to disable it altogether but I have a frequently used program that gets stopped every time. Can I somehow set it to ignore certain programs?...
  3. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  4. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  5. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to disable this specific shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  7. How to disable this specific shortcut.

How to disable this specific shortcut.: The keys A+W+E pressed together always open up a window of my file explorer. I'm not sure how to disable this and I can't find any resources online to fix this....
  8. How to disable a specific key?

How to disable a specific key?: Hi, I want to disable the "down arrow" key, I tried SharpKeys but it didn't work. Are there more methods to disable a key? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-a-specific-key/2cd3e324-e7ac-4c73-a1ac-9c2f1005d019
  9. How to disable a specific key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable a specific key?: Hi, I want to disable the "down arrow" key, I tried SharpKeys but it didn't work. Are there more methods to disable a key? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-a-specific-key/2cd3e324-e7ac-4c73-a1ac-9c2f1005d019
  10. Disable Control Box for specific applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Control Box for specific applications: Hello All, We have an Applications when ever we open , we want to disable control box Maximum/Minimum button. We want to perform this via group policy. Need some one guidance. thanks in advance Ganesh D...