Windows 10: How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

Discus and support How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi again guys, so I have a controller dock for my Valve Index and i have bought those magnetic usb charging wires so that the controllers charge when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bancai, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Bancai Win User

How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

Hi again guys,

so I have a controller dock for my Valve Index and i have bought those magnetic usb charging wires so that the controllers charge when they are in the controller dock. The thing is, after they are charged I don't want them to keep drawing power because that might shorten the life span of the batteries in the controller. So I'm trying to cut the power off to those 2 usb ports on my motherboard, in my google search I've come across a software called USBDeview which it gives you the option to turn off specific usb ports, and it works when i disable the mouse (the red light goes off on the bottom of the mouse) but the index keeps charging even after i disabled them. So in the picture bellow i have added blue bars to the ports that disconnect when i pull the usb cables out of the computer and the same happens if i just disable the 2 bottom ones (index controller). But the problem is the current still goes to the controllers. weird... Please Help in general not specifically with USBDeview.

How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard nkLX1FW.png

:)

Bancai, Jun 11, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Assigning a usb port to a specific Com port

Hi guys,

My modem have 2 usb port, and i only need to use 1 of it.

My problem now is my modem is using a cfast card, whenever i change a cfast card and i plug into the usb port, the com port will keep jumping numbers and i do not want that.

Am i able to set the specific usb port to a specific com port number for example like COM port 3 whenever a usb is plug into the usb port?

Or is there any other way i can do it?

DerrickYong, Jun 12, 2020
  4. How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

1. How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard - Similar Threads - disable specific USB

2. motherboard USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    motherboard USB ports not working: i build a new PC but my all the 4 "usb 3.2gen1" port on the motherboard doesn't work at all. all other ports work fine, like"usb 3.2gen2" and USB on case,they all work fine,except 3.2 gen1.i tried resetting and updating my bios and the USB is working after that,but when i...
  3. motherboard USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    motherboard USB ports not working: i build a new PC but my all the 4 "usb 3.2gen1" port on the motherboard doesn't work at all. all other ports work fine, like"usb 3.2gen2" and USB on case,they all work fine,except 3.2 gen1.i tried resetting and updating my bios and the USB is working after that,but when i...
  4. motherboard USB ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable specific usb port: Heya! So windows keeps detecting and un-detecting usb devices that aren't even connected. I dont know if the problem is with the usb port or windows. So basically I am trying to switch that specific port off but windows keep detecting again, how do I do it?It shows "Unknown...
  6. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable specific usb port: Heya! So windows keeps detecting and un-detecting usb devices that aren't even connected. I dont know if the problem is with the usb port or windows. So basically I am trying to switch that specific port off but windows keep detecting again, how do I do it?It shows "Unknown...
  7. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to disable remaining usb ports?

How to disable remaining usb ports?: I want to have a shortcut be able to block access te new usb devices but I don't want to loose access to my current connected devices like my mouse and keyboard.Is there a way to do this in Windows so that no drivers are loaded but the device is still receiving power through...
  9. How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard: Hi again guys, so I have a controller dock for my Valve Index and i have bought those magnetic usb charging wires so that the controllers charge when they are in the controller dock. The thing is, after they are charged I don't want them to keep drawing power because that...
  10. Disable a USB Port

Disable a USB Port: Im having a hughe problem with a USB Port on my laptop I accidently rmoved a small blsck piece from the USB Port and now windows its showing an annoying icon and playing a sound that notification is making my computer stop working specially youtube, it pauses the video how...