Windows 10: How to disable spellcheck globally? in Windows 10.

Discus and support How to disable spellcheck globally? in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So far i've tried: going to devices/typing and shutting it off, i've also tried renaming msspellsomethinghost and its .dll, neither worked so far, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scyris, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Scyris Win User

How to disable spellcheck globally? in Windows 10.

So far i've tried: going to devices/typing and shutting it off, i've also tried renaming msspellsomethinghost and its .dll, neither worked so far, it spells checks in everything steam community forums, firefox, you name it. Even though I have it disabled in those other programs invidually, its forcing it for some reason. That red jagged line under things just annoys me for some silly reason.

Win version is 1703

:)

Scyris, Aug 6, 2020

2. How to permanently disable spellchecker in Edge browser?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to disable the spellchecker.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on devices.
    • Go to Typing tab.
    • Turn off, Highlight misspelled words.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Spellcheck is disabled in settings, how to enable it in Windows 10?

After the last update, spellcheck became disabled. How can I enable it again??? Windows 10

I have gone to settings, advanced settings and under Language, it says Spellcheck disabled

carollee03, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Fred22 Win User

How to turn on spellcheck Google Chrome

How to disable spellcheck globally? in Windows 10. [​IMG]

Can someone please tell me how to turn on spellcheck. As you can see from my screenshot Google is listed as my default browser. However when I open my browser for a search it's Yahoo. Please tell me how make Google my default search engine.

Fred22, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How to disable spellcheck globally? in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - disable spellcheck globally

2. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  3. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  4. How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Autocorrect or Spellcheck in Windows 10 Mail app: The Mail app in Windows 10 is an easy way to access your email to send and receive emails from recipients and get a notification that you have received an email. Although the autocorrect and spellcheck features in the Windows 10 app help with your grammar, you can disable...
  5. disable a global shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable a global shortcut: there is something strange Everywhere at my Windows 10 when I press Shift Alt Ctrl F9 a dialog box opens saying "Select Replacement Image" how can I disable that shortcut?...
  6. How to revert global disable fullscreen optimizations?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to revert global disable fullscreen optimizations?: I downloaded this a while back: https://www.regfiles.net/registry/disable-fullscreen-optimizations-for-windows-10-19-registry Which is basically [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore] "GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode"=dword:00000002...
  7. How to disable globally Control Flow Guard in Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable globally Control Flow Guard in Windows 10 1809: and also other exploit options, they are greyed out in settings and group policy wont let me change status to "enable" its says something about .xml files. submitted by /u/yarojohn [link] [comments]...
  8. DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY!: This is a very sore subject for me and I am sick and tired of these copy/paste answers from people who don't even know what they're talking about. There is no "if's and's or but's" about it. "Windows Fullscreen Optimizations" is terrible broken feature that nobody wants....
  9. windows 10 wordpad spellcheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 wordpad spellcheck: where is spell-check in Win10 wordpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wordpad-spellcheck/8c5e41f7-b7df-4ee5-8f35-0d3e87740065
  10. spellchecker

in Windows 10 Support
    spellchecker: I was just posting on another forum using W10hp on my laptop and the name of the South American country of Uraguay got underlined (it is underlined as I type this). I immediately googled Uraguay to confirm that I had spelt it correctly. Not a very good result for...