Windows 10: How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?

Discus and support How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows specificationsEdition : Win 10 Pro Version : 20H2Installed on : 22/2/2021OS build : 19042.928 Experience : windows Feature Experience Pack... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by salehAtta ur Rahman, May 2, 2021.

1. How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?

Windows specificationsEdition : Win 10 Pro Version : 20H2Installed on : 22/2/2021OS build : 19042.928 Experience : windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0I have windows 10 with configuration as above , I want to disable the password prompt every time I sign in to my pc .i was searching in microsoft.com and found a lot of people asking about this .i use netplwiz but didn't find this Option to uncheck it Users must enter a username and password to use this computeralso I set this settings Start button - Settings - Personalization - Lock Screen - Screen Saver Settingsscree

:)

salehAtta ur Rahman, May 2, 2021

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, May 2, 2021
  3. Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, May 2, 2021
  4. How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?

How to disable Password prompt on Startup in Windows 10?

Hi Nate,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

Have you tried performing the steps mentioned by SpiritX MS
    in the thread mentioned below?

Click on,
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-disable-password-prompt-on-startup-in/4879c0e6-43e6-4a12-9ca3-e7fc91e20a31

I suggest you to follow the procedure and share the details about the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, May 2, 2021
Thema:

How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?

1. How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - disable startup password

2. I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD STARTUP ON WINDOWS 10!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD STARTUP ON WINDOWS 10!: I TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!!! I think the only way left is to change the type of my account to a local account. Why you guys so obsessed to force us to enable the password? Like, I don't understand! PLEASE! HELP!!!!!...
  3. I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD STARTUP ON WINDOWS 10!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD STARTUP ON WINDOWS 10!: I TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!!! I think the only way left is to change the type of my account to a local account. Why you guys so obsessed to force us to enable the password? Like, I don't understand! PLEASE! HELP!!!!!...
  4. How to disable Password prompt on Startup in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable Password prompt on Startup in Windows 10?: I know there are tones of similar threads on this forum, but I seem to have not got the same option box of "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." on the netplwiz UI. Any solutions? [ATTACH]...
  5. How to disable startup password in Windows 10 Education edition

How to disable startup password in Windows 10 Education edition: I've recently reinstalled my PC and I'm trying to disable my password requirements. I went to "control userpasswords2" to uncheck the "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" box but when I go there the box isn't there. I've switched to an education...
  6. How do I disable windows 10 password on startup?

How do I disable windows 10 password on startup?: I'm trying to disable windows 10 password on startup. Its a home computer for everyone. I don't have a need for a password. I recently downloaded the newest version of windows 10 from the Microsoft website. I used Hotmail account for login as usual, but when I try netplwiz in...
  7. How Can I Disable Password "Protection" on Windows 10 Startup ?

How Can I Disable Password "Protection" on Windows 10 Startup ?: I tried to disable the password requirement on Windows 10 startup by using the 'netplwiz' command and program as recommended by several online sites. I then did restart of my computer. The password layer was not removed from Startup. How can I disable it, since this...
  8. windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?: I used NetPlWiz to uncheck 'password required' and applied it entering my password, but now it still asks for pin/password and in addition shows a second account (with a white background instead of my account pic) but it has the same name, when I select it, it asks me to put...
  9. Disabling the startup password is a pain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling the startup password is a pain: Hi there. Please help me if you can. Or if you wish to relate a similar frustration, let's hear it. Please scroll to "The question/TL;DR" if you don't want details. I have a preference for not using a password or a pin to start Windows. I prefer pressing the power button and...
  10. how to disable password at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable password at startup: Last night I thought I disabled the Login password from the Start menu. When I restarted my computer I didn't have to login. But this morning when I start my computer the Login password box is there again. If anyone knows a way where the Login password is disabled I'd...