Windows 10: How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?

Discus and support How to disable startup-programs performance notifications? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I keep getting notifications that startup programs are making Windows load slowly. However, my setting to disable this is grayed-out. See my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jfreemont, Aug 7, 2015.

1. jfreemont Win User

How to disable startup-programs performance notifications?

I keep getting notifications that startup programs are making Windows load slowly.

However, my setting to disable this is grayed-out. See my attachment.

Any ideas on how to get it where it can be toggled?

:)

jfreemont, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2015
  3. when setting up for install I get the message to uninstall PGP Desktop which I don't have.

Try performing a clean boot:

How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10 - groovyPost

also, open the C:\ drive where Windows is installed and do a search for PGP

Delete any related entries found.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Try the setting app>system>notifications & actions.

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  5. jfreemont Win User
    Okay, I'm there. Which setting there should I change?

jfreemont, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Edit I misread you question, sorry*Redface. In task manager is where you turn specific startups off. You can right click to disable or use the button at the bottom:

How to disable startup-programs performance notifications? [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Hydranix Win User
    Task Scheduler

Navigate to "Application Experience"

Disable the task called "StartupAppTask"

Task Description

Hydranix, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Antilope Win User

I get this notification also. I don't want to disable the startup programs. I'm happy with them. I control what loads and what doesn't on startup.

I want to disable the annoying notification that tells me to disable startup tasks.

Antilope, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Hydranix Win User
    See my post above yours.

Hydranix, Aug 7, 2015
  10. jfreemont Win User
    Thanks, Hydranix. To your knowledge, are there any other consequences of disabling that, or is that the only consequence?

Also, do you know if it is a per-user or system-wide task?

jfreemont, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Hydranix Win User
    As far as I know, the only consequence is that you won't receive the notification any longer.

I haven't tested this though, so please let me know if it doesn't work. I don't have any startup apps handled by windows since I wrote a script that starts my startup programs with short random waits at logon to stop my system from lagging when I logged in.

It's completely safe to disable though, and it can be enabled at any time.

This change will be system-wide.

While you're there in task scheduler, if you don't agree with telemetry, there are some tasks you can disable to stop some of the automatic feedback as well.

Code: Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater Autochk\Proxy (Customer Experience Improvement Program\*) Customer Experience Improvement Program\BthSQM Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector Feedback\Siuf\DmClient[/quote]

Hydranix, Aug 7, 2015
  12. aj1x Win User
    Hi, I will try this out next reboot, but figured I'd share the theory in case someone gets to it before I do...

The notifications area is just the new name for "action center" right? Along that line of thinking, while the notification is still active, I plan on opening action center (windows key -> search "action center" -> select "security and maintenance"). This looks like the action center from 7/8 and I believe where I disabled this behavior in 8.

If anybody gets to try it before I can reply with my success/failure, please do so.

13. aj1x Win User

Update! I have the option to turn off messages about startup items in the "Security and Maintenance" window just like in 8. Just disabled and if it works like it did in 8, those messages should be gone.

How to disable startup-programs performance notifications? [​IMG]

14. Hydranix Win User
    That's the shortcut to disabling the task. *Smile

Hydranix, Sep 12, 2015
  15. jfreemont Win User
    Did the task scheduler solution work for you, too?

jfreemont, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable startup-programs performance notifications? - Similar Threads - disable startup programs

2. How to disabled notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disabled notification?: Hi,May I check how to disabled this notification?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-notification/d2d5796c-089c-426d-9c43-4afc0d2499b3
  3. How to disabled notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disabled notification?: Hi,May I check how to disabled this notification?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-notification/d2d5796c-089c-426d-9c43-4afc0d2499b3
  4. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  5. How to disable and enable startup programs

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to disable and enable startup programs: Hello everyone, today we will talk about Startup Programs and: How to disable them. How to get anything you want – a program, a folder, or even a picture – to launch at the moment you launch Windows. This feature is frequently used by people who want to speed up their...
  6. Program program in startup programs. What is it and how can I disable it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program program in startup programs. What is it and how can I disable it?: So, I bought an Acer PC in 2017. Now it is 2020 and I upgraded my PC and also redownloaded Windows 10. A few months later, it is now October of 2020. I have started to observe some Command Prompts quickly appearing and disappearing upon rebooting the machine and logging in....
  7. Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications for Any One Program Will Not Disable: As stated in the subject title, whenever I want to disable notifications for any one program through Windows' settings, it appears it is off, but it somehow turns itself back on when I return to that screen. I've provided a video showcasing my issue:...
  8. Windows keeps disabling startup programs..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps disabling startup programs..: Hey, so I have this problem where Windows decides to disable startup programs all by itself. I usually have a few programs that open on startup. The programs in question are Steam, Discord and OneDrive. For some reason every now and then I will boot my PC and those three...
  9. How to DISABLE notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    How to DISABLE notifications: Good Morning guys, I really am tired of the notifications on the right side of the screen, and there ALWAYS being new ones, for everything, and I want them gone........how do I disable them PERMANENTLY ? 145675
  10. disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing: Hello, i want to disable desktop notification for specific program, but program isn't showing under: "Get notifications from these senders". Thanks for help. Edit: never mind i found out how disable notification in that program, but for in future, i may have program in which...