Windows 10: How to disable Startup Settings?

Discus and support How to disable Startup Settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, at every boot/restart, I am presented with Startup Settings, I have to press Enter to continue. *Mad How to get rid of it, please? I needed to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TairikuOkami, Mar 7, 2016.

1. How to disable Startup Settings?

Hi, at every boot/restart, I am presented with Startup Settings, I have to press Enter to continue. *Mad
    How to get rid of it, please? I needed to go to safe mode, so I used msconfig, ever-since I have this.

:)

TairikuOkami, Mar 7, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

How to disable N97 startup tune?

Actually it's warning tones that need to be deactivated in your profile. This will not influence the ringtone or the message alert tone.

If you don't want to do that then simply tap the screen when the thing starts playing.

grschinon, Mar 7, 2016
  3. How to disable N97 startup tune?

What are you doing about resolving the reasons you have to restart it 5 times a day?

I've had my N97 now for 9 days and not ONE restart required. I am not the only one with a phone that works.

Turning the tune off simply masks a symptom, it does not resolve the underlying problems.

au_n97_user, Mar 7, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

How to disable Startup Settings?

I have my boot time out set to zero(you need to do that in advanced settings/startup & recovery) and then just use Advanced startup in the settings app when I need to go to safe mode.

Cliff S, Mar 7, 2016
  5. I have the time set to 5 secs, but it does not skip it, it just sits there. It is not an extreme issue, just annoying. When I turn on the computer, I go make a coffee and when I return, I have to press enter and wait another minute until it boots up.

6. Cliff S New Member
    These are my settings because I have the Macrium Reflect boot option, and it just boots strait to Windows then:

How to disable Startup Settings? [​IMG]

Then if I need to go to Advanced Startup, it's under Recovery:

This way you can avoid the Startup menu.

Cliff S, Mar 7, 2016
  7. I have tried this, but it did not work either:

bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No
    bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

8. topgundcp Win User

Try : bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no

topgundcp, Mar 7, 2016
  9. Thanks for the tip, but it did not work.

Looking at EasyBCD I thought, maybe I should use {current} profile, but no luck.

bcdedit /set {current} recoveryenabled No
    bcdedit /set {current} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

10. I have finally got it, I should have looked at bcdedit sooner, I just had to do this.

bcdedit /set {current} advancedoptions false

Source: How to enable the Advanced Boot Options menu at start up in Windows 8

11. topgundcp Win User
    Glad you got it sorted otherwise I would have suggested that you re-create the BCD to reset everything to default.

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable Startup Settings? - Similar Threads - disable Startup Settings

2. Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?: Hello!I have an unusual problem. Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot.I tried the command code but didnt workedAnd also i reset settings do default in BIOShttps://pasteboard.co/Y4b9E91C6vf3.png...
  3. Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?: Hello!I have an unusual problem. Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot.I tried the command code but didnt workedAnd also i reset settings do default in BIOShttps://pasteboard.co/Y4b9E91C6vf3.png...
  4. How to disable and enable startup programs

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to disable and enable startup programs: Hello everyone, today we will talk about Startup Programs and: How to disable them. How to get anything you want – a program, a folder, or even a picture – to launch at the moment you launch Windows. This feature is frequently used by people who want to speed up their...
  5. How to disable disk check on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable disk check on startup: I use a laptop with hdd and ssd. Both hdd and ssd are having windows. I use the windows in ssd. I have a problem that whenever I turn on my laptop it starts disk checking because of which my windows in hdd is booted instead of ssd. I have performed disk check many times and...
  6. How to disable calendar startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable calendar startup: I want to disable calender, ToDo, and Outlook at startup, but these apps do not show up in task manager or shell:startup. I also checked registry and scheduled tasks, and found nothing. So is there any way to do that?...
  7. How to keep BITS disabled at startup and how to disable Delivery Optimization?

How to keep BITS disabled at startup and how to disable Delivery Optimization?: So, first off I am on a satellite internet with a small bandwidth limit each month. My other computer crashed and all I could get is something with Windows 10 which I absolutely did not want due to the bandwidth limits. I have had this running for about the last week and...
  8. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714
  9. How to disable auto launch at startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable auto launch at startup: I have just done a fresh install of Windows 10 PRO x64. I have discovered that it came with Skype (Application version 14.42.60.0, Skype version 8.42.0.60). I want to disable the auto launch feature but I don't have a menu bar to get to Tools. How do I disable this program...
  10. how to disable password at startup

how to disable password at startup: Last night I thought I disabled the Login password from the Start menu. When I restarted my computer I didn't have to login. But this morning when I start my computer the Login password box is there again. If anyone knows a way where the Login password is disabled I'd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows startup settings disable