Windows 10: How to disable stock price information on Windows 11's taskbar

Discus and support How to disable stock price information on Windows 11's taskbar in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11's Widget icon is displayed prominently on the Windows 11 taskbar. It is the only icon that is displayed on the left side on the taskbar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 30, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to disable stock price information on Windows 11's taskbar

Windows 11's Widget icon is displayed prominently on the Windows 11 taskbar. It is the only icon that is displayed on the left side on the taskbar, while all other icons, including the Start button, are centered on it by default. The widget icon joins the rest only if the alignment of the taskbar is changed to left.

The Widget icon may display two types of information by default: weather information and stock price information. Not all Windows 11 users require stock price information, and those who do not, may want to hide the stock market information so that weather reports are displayed all the time.

How to disable stock price information on Windows 11's taskbar watchlist.png

The following guide explains how to disable stock price information on Windows 11's widget on the taskbar. Weather and stock price information is powered by individual widgets.

The display of widgets in the main Widgets interface determines whether the information is also displayed on the icon. In other words: if you disable the stock market watchlist widget in the Widgets interface, you will also disable the stock price information displayed by the taskbar icon.

Note that Microsoft may choose to add other data to the taskbar icon at a later point in development. The company appears to be working constantly on widgets. Recently, it removed the Microsoft Account requirement and announced that users would soon be able to get rid of the MSN news feed entirely.

You may want to check out Ashwin's guide on uninstalling widgets on Windows 11.

Removing the Watchlist Movers widget

How to disable stock price information on Windows 11's taskbar watchlist-movers-windows.png

Here are the steps required to disable the stock information on Windows 11's taskbar:

1. Click on the widgets icon to display the full Windows 11 Widgets interface.
    2. Locate the Watchlist Movers element in the interface.
    3. Activate the three-dots icon next to it to display its context menu.
    4. Select the unpin widget option from the context menu; this removes the widget from the main interface.

How to disable stock price information on Windows 11's taskbar unpin-widget.png

While you may think that this is all that is required, it is not. Microsoft, for reasons unknown, is adding a smaller Watchlist Movers widget to the interface whenever users select to unpin the larger one. It is necessary to repeat the action on the smaller widget as well to get rid of the stock market information on the Windows 11 taskbar.

1. Locate the smaller Watchlist Movers widget in the main Widgets interface.
    2. Activate the three-dots icon next to it.
    3. Select "hide this widget" from the list of options.

How to disable stock price information on Windows 11's taskbar hide-this-widget.png

This removes the Watchlist Movers widget from Widgets in Windows 11. The taskbar icon should no longer display stock market information as a consequence.

Windows 11 users who want to restore the display of watchlist information on the taskbar need to activate the plus icon in the Widgets interface and then the plus icon next to the Watchlist widget configuration screen to add the stock market widget again.

Windows 11 users may also remove the entire widget icon from the taskbar by right-clicking on a blank spot on the taskbar, selecting Taskbar Settings from the menu that opens, and then toggling Widgets under Taskbar Items to the off state.

Now You: do you use Widgets in any form?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to disable stock price information on Windows 11's taskbar appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 30, 2023

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 30, 2023
  3. Nokia 5800, Stock Prices

Hello,

Do you know any software to get stock prices on Nokia 5800?

Thank you!

guklein---01, May 30, 2023
  4. EdBrownRX Win User

Money Plus will not update stock prices of BRAZIL

I ATTEMPTED TO UPGRADE FROM MONEY 2005 TO MONEY SUNSET PLUS. NOW I AM NOT ABLE TO UPDATE STOCK PRICES OF BRAZIL.

EdBrownRX, May 30, 2023
Thema:

1. How to disable stock price information on Windows 11's taskbar - Similar Threads - disable stock price

2. Why is the Stock Data Type not pulling correct prices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Stock Data Type not pulling correct prices?: I'm online using the free Excel. I converted some tickers into Stock Data Types in col B. Over in Col J, I inserted "=B2.Price" using the dropdown from the data card. I copied that celll down my column.My first ticker was SHOPIFY INC. XNYS:SHOP and ties in with Yahoo Finance...
  3. Why is the Stock Data Type not pulling correct prices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the Stock Data Type not pulling correct prices?: I'm online using the free Excel. I converted some tickers into Stock Data Types in col B. Over in Col J, I inserted "=B2.Price" using the dropdown from the data card. I copied that celll down my column.My first ticker was SHOPIFY INC. XNYS:SHOP and ties in with Yahoo Finance...
  4. Why is the Stock Data Type not pulling correct prices?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to disable S Mode in windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable S Mode in windows 11 home: I cant access Adobe Acrobat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-s-mode-in-windows-11-home/f7e06ddd-c512-40f7-b122-3cb083e7e8fe
  6. how to disable S Mode in windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable S Mode in windows 11 home: I cant access Adobe Acrobat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-s-mode-in-windows-11-home/f7e06ddd-c512-40f7-b122-3cb083e7e8fe
  7. My windows service is stocked in disable..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows service is stocked in disable..: About a week ago, my windows update suddenly stops, so i search the solution in internet but i don't find any related solution. when i try to set windows update service from disable to automatic it says 'Access is Denied"....
  8. How to disable Windows 10's Programmable Taskbar feature

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows 10's Programmable Taskbar feature: Microsoft revealed a new feature that it called Programmable Taskbar back in July when it released Build 20161 to the Windows Insider Dev channel. The basic idea behind the feature was to customize the default set of icons that is displayed as part of the operating system's...
  9. MISSING MONEY STOCK information

in Windows 10 Customization
    MISSING MONEY STOCK information: HELLO: Noticed yesterday that on MS W10, something missing. You will find a "snip-it" of information regarding my MONEY/STOCK is NOW BLANK. How do i get that part of the page back they way it was on MONDAY. WHAT HAPPENED!!![ATTACH]...
  10. EXCEL automate download stock prices at end of day

in Microsoft Office and 365
    EXCEL automate download stock prices at end of day: Hi folks. anybody got suggestions on how to download end of day data for around 30 - 40 stocks (or more) using EXCEL and its Internet services. Basic data is OPEN/CLOSE/HIGH/LOW/VOLUME This can be downloaded from GOOGLE or YAHOO finance but it's a bit of a manual process...