Windows 10: How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content

Discus and support How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have turned on Storage Sense with the purpose of cleaning up temporary folders and the Download folder. However, I do not want Storage Sense to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by linuxmustdie, Oct 1, 2019.

1. How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content

I have turned on Storage Sense with the purpose of cleaning up temporary folders and the Download folder. However, I do not want Storage Sense to delete locally available cloud content and thereby I configured the "Content will become online-only if not opened for more than:" setting to Never.

How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content 6f95d433-8d2c-4230-9a4b-5af0824d2e03?upload=true.png

However, I am consistently getting a notification from Storage Sense: "Help Storage Sense clean more. Enable the removal of unused local cloud-backed content from your device. Click here to learn more." I thought I already told Storage Sense to not to delete this content, yet it is persistently asking for enabling.

How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content b784ea5b-456e-4ce4-b9b6-c22a0f6f8a6e?upload=true.png

How to stop these questions?

:)

linuxmustdie, Oct 1, 2019

2. How to disable notification "Help Storage Sense clean more"

My OneDrive folder is set to "Always keep on this device". Several times a day I am getting this notification: "Help Storage Sense clean more. Enable the removal of unused local cloud-backed content from your device."

No, I don't want to do that. I want my content to always be available even if I'm offline or my subscription lapses. I don't ever want Microsoft to delete my files from my devices.

How do I disable these notifications? Storage Sense isn't listed in the "Get notifications from these senders" section of the Notifications & Actions settings. I don't want to turn off all notifications.

Thank you!

MatthewFisher1, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Storage Sense

Hello Microsoft Community,

I enabled Storage Sense on my Windows 10 PC to automatically free up space on my computer. However, I just got a notification that Storage Sense needs to be enabled by "removing unused cloud-backed content on your PC", but Storage Sense is already enabled.
    How can I set Storage Sense to clean my PC every week? And what is "unused cloud-backed content"?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

TechNow389, Oct 1, 2019
  4. How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content

How to disable notification "Help Storage Sense clean more"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving notifications related to clear cloud backup of OneDrive through Storage Sense.

Ideally, if you turn on Storage Sense, Windows will automatically free up space by getting rid of files you don't need, like temporary files and items in the Recycle Bin, when you're low on disk space or at intervals you specify.

However, it will not remove the OneDrive content that is flagged as “Always keep on this device”. You can try changing the Storage Sense settings for OneDrive content.

1. Press Windows +
      I
      keys to open Settings.
    2. Click on System and then click on
      Storage.
    3. Now click on Configure Storage Sense or run it now.
    4. Under OneDrive change the content settings to
      Never.

If you want to disable Storage Sense completely then you can toggle the switch to
    Off at the top of the settings page mentioned above.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content

1. How to disable Storage Sense questions about locally available cloud content - Similar Threads - disable Storage Sense

2. How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...: Hi, I want to be able to configure storage sense on multiple computers but I don't want to have cloud backed up content to be deleted on my them. So if I have the local available cloud content to be configured to "Never", would it disregard removing unused cloud-backed...
  3. How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...: Hi, I want to be able to configure storage sense on multiple computers but I don't want to have cloud backed up content to be deleted on my them. So if I have the local available cloud content to be configured to "Never", would it disregard removing unused cloud-backed...
  4. Storage Sense Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense Question: For the longest time I've been using CCleaner to clean up junk files and the like.One of the main reasons I was using CCleaner was the ease of saving cookies.Was wondering what the best way is to save cookies generated by Edge.James...
  5. Storage Sense Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Sense Question: For the longest time I've been using CCleaner to clean up junk files and the like.One of the main reasons I was using CCleaner was the ease of saving cookies.Was wondering what the best way is to save cookies generated by Edge.James...
  6. How to Disable Storage Sense in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Storage Sense in Windows 10: Storage Sense is a native feature of Windows 10 that can help you gain disk space by removing temporary files, deleting files stored in Recycle Bin, etc. You can easily configure and use Storage Sense to free up space on your Windows 10 PC. For those who don’t use this...
  7. Curious About Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Curious About Storage Sense: I found articles on the web about a feature in Windows 10 Called Storage sense. However. none of the examples I see look nothing like mine. When I'm in 'Storage' I don't get a list of files to delete among other things. Also, I don't see a link to 'Change the way we free...
  8. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  9. [Question] Is storage sense safe?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Question] Is storage sense safe?: Hey guys Today, I just found an option called "storage sense" in my settings that I never used before. So I decided to use it to see what it does actually to my storage, and I clicked on "Clean now" option. However, it cleaned up about 3 GB of my space which was really...
  10. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locally available cloud content