Windows 10: how to disable swap in windows 10 ubuntu terminal

Discus and support how to disable swap in windows 10 ubuntu terminal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I disable swap in windows10 ubuntu terminal? top - 18:51:22 up 6:30, 0 users, load average: 0.52, 0.58, 0.59 Tasks: 4 total, 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShekarJayaram, Apr 20, 2020.

1. how to disable swap in windows 10 ubuntu terminal

How can I disable swap in windows10 ubuntu terminal?

top - 18:51:22 up 6:30, 0 users, load average: 0.52, 0.58, 0.59

Tasks: 4 total, 1 running, 3 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

%Cpus: 4.1 us, 8.8 sy, 0.0 ni, 86.5 id, 0.0 wa, 0.6 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st

KiB Mem : 33433384 total, 20790728 free, 12413304 used, 229352 buff/cache

KiB Swap: 61808124 total, 60502696 free, 1305428 used. 20886348 avail Mem

:)

ShekarJayaram, Apr 20, 2020

2. Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the output for Ubuntu terminal is not showing properly for GIT commands.

I suggest you to try re-enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux and then uninstalling and re-installing Ubuntu from Microsoft Store. Follow the steps to disable Windows Subsystem for Linux and uninstall Ubuntu.

Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      appwiz.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Now on the left hand pane click on
      Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now on the Windows feature window scroll down and uncheck the box next to
      Windows Subsystem for Linux.
    5. Click on OK and Restart the PC.

Uninstall the Ubuntu app:

1. Go to Settings >
      Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Now search for Ubuntu app.
    3. Click on the app and click on
      Uninstall
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

To enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux you can refer the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    as they have dedicated support for issues related to Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 SWAP partition

Hi everyone,

I just noticed that Windows 10 has a swap partition of 450MB. I just wanna know that is it similar to Linux or Ubuntu SWAP space or different. I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Syed.

syed ahmedshah, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

how to disable swap in windows 10 ubuntu terminal

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

how to disable swap in windows 10 ubuntu terminal

1. how to disable swap in windows 10 ubuntu terminal - Similar Threads - disable swap ubuntu

2. How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu: I want to see the files and folder icons when I use the ls command. Is there any way to achieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-terminal-icons-in-wsl2-ubuntu/7c810f10-3237-462b-8845-dcdb98f644e7
  3. How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu: I want to see the files and folder icons when I use the ls command. Is there any way to achieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-terminal-icons-in-wsl2-ubuntu/7c810f10-3237-462b-8845-dcdb98f644e7
  4. Change Default From Powershell to Ubuntu in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default From Powershell to Ubuntu in Windows Terminal: Instead of Powershell, I would like Windows Terminal to open a WSL tab by default. If this is possible, than I could right-click to open a new terminal from File Explorer, and not have to change directory all the way to where I want to go. submitted by /u/GalacticWafer...
  5. Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install.: I would like you to solve this problem: I installed WSL1 on my Windows 10 on Power-Shell with all the right prerequisites, restarted my computer, opened the Microsoft Store, installed Ubuntu Terminal. [ATTACH] However, when I opened Ubuntu for the first time, it opened...
  6. How do I disable root login in WSL2? "wsl -d ubuntu -u root" from Terminal will login to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable root login in WSL2? "wsl -d ubuntu -u root" from Terminal will login to...: Is the following behavior correct and expected? With WSL2 Ubuntu 18.4, Windows 10 2004 19041.207, from a non-admin Windows Terminal, I can execute "wsl -d ubuntu -u root" and login to a root shell, without requiring a password even if a root password is set. I just...
  7. Windows 10 update messes up Ubuntu terminal colors (again!)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update messes up Ubuntu terminal colors (again!): Hi, Seems the last update (hit me August 9) messed up the Ubuntu terminal colors. (this happened before several times). To see it: Open a terminal window, open up some file on vi, and scroll up and down using your keyboard's arrow keys. You will get black background on...
  8. Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly: I have been using the Ubuntu terminal for Windows recently, and have just encountered a problem where outputs from git commands aren't displaying correctly. [ATTACH] Ubuntu terminal is on the left, and cmd on the right. As can be seen, the changes to be committed are not...
  9. terminal emulation when ssh'ing to Windows 10 from ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    terminal emulation when ssh'ing to Windows 10 from ubuntu.: I turned on ssh server on a windows10 desktop. I ssh into the windows 10 from an ubuntu laptop. I can use cmd.exe, powershell, and bash (WSL), but I can't use any terminal applications... If I go into bash, and use the man or more commands, I get the first screen and then...
  10. Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl2 disable swap