Windows 10: How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?

Discus and support How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was working on a mega reg file to set up my OS for me. I found out how to do almost everything via registry hacks. One of the exceptions is turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WandererReece, Dec 29, 2020.

1. How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?

I was working on a mega reg file to set up my OS for me. I found out how to do almost everything via registry hacks. One of the exceptions is turning off Swiftkey. Does anyone know how to do this via registry?

Also, I would prefer to disable, grey out the option, Swiftkey, but I will settle for simply turning it off.

:)

WandererReece, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Swiftkey keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

SwiftKey powers the typing experience on Windows when using the touch keyboard to write in English (United States), English (United Kingdom), French (France), German (Germany), Italian (Italy), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), or Russian. This
    is an existing feature that we've improved for Windows 10, version 1809.

• Does SwiftKey work in Windows 10, yes or no? Yes, it is available.

• If yes, how do I activate it? Follow the below suggestion-

If you're a touch keyboard user that writes in any of these languages, please try out the text predictions and shapewriting in this build and
    let us knowhow it feels for you. If you'd like to compare how the keyboard feels with
    and without this change, check the options for supported languages under
    Settings > Devices > Typing > Suggestions and Autocorrections.

To know what’s new in in the Windows 10 Insider preview builds (RS5), refer

Also, for the touchpad not responding issue, you may go through the suggestion under the topic
    The touchpad doesn't respond right away after I've been typing from the

article

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    When will the Sync Clipboard with PC and Android come to SwiftKey?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you are using SwiftKey Beta keyboard on your Android phone and looking for the feature to sync the clipboard between the PC and Android phone.

Currently, the feature to sync the clipboard with Windows 10 and Android using SwiftKey keyboard is not available. However, you can sync the Windows 10 clipboard across your devices using the Microsoft account. Please refer the steps in the article

Clipboard in Windows 10

For more information on Windows 10 clipboard you can refer the article
    Get help with clipboard

To Backup & sync the words and phrases of your SwiftKey keyboard, you can sign in to the SwiftKey keyboard and enable the sync feature. Please refer the article

How to use SwiftKey Backup & Sync

If you face any issues with sync or using SwiftKey keyboard, I suggest you to get in touch with the

SwiftKey support team

However, we would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions, as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I would suggest you to post a feedback in Microsoft

Feedback Hub
    so that our developing team can review your suggestions and check if it can be included in the future updates

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 29, 2020
  4. How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?

Help! Is there an app similar to swiftkey for windows phone?

Eu sei, mas a previsão de texto do SwiftKey é muito melhor e pontuações de digitação é muito mais rápido, a previsão de texto janelas do telefone é uma bagunça na minha língua, existem algumas palavras que são totalmente capitalizados no meio
    de uma frase sem nenhuma razão no Windows Phone, e SwiftKey prevê palavras com base nas palavras anteriores que você digitou

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...ftkey-the-windows-phone-swifkey-the-best-of-a

Robert Costa, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?

1. How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry? - Similar Threads - Disable Swiftkey via

2. Permanently disable latest update search bar via registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable latest update search bar via registry: HelloLatest update to Windows 10 22H2 which is 5030300 bring back another failure which is a new search bar docked to the left of screen.The question is how to permanently disable it for current user and all users from registry?Thanks....
  3. How to disable notifications in Notifications and actions settings via registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable notifications in Notifications and actions settings via registry: We are trying to Disable side notifications, Specially the windows 11 Upgrade\update notifications. We are trying to prevent end user to see/edit/click any notification from the side bar. We are trying to do this using registry and not GPO because many of our clients doesn't...
  4. Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry: I have a USB device in my device manger called "USB Station" -- this appears to be a device / driver for my docking station. There is no Power Management option for this device in the device manager. How can I change the registry so that 'Allow the computer to turn off this...
  5. Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?: Can anyone explain how to disable specific Windows 10 'Background Apps' (such as 3D Viewer, Your Phone, etc.) via the Registry? I know there is a Registry edit to disable them ALL, but are there specific Keys you can add to disable specific, individual apps? For clarity's...
  6. Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?: Can anyone explain how to disable specific Windows 10 'Background Apps' (such as 3D Viewer, Your Phone, etc.) via the Registry? I know there is a Registry edit to disable them ALL, but are there specific Keys you can add to disable specific, individual apps? For clarity's...
  7. Disabling Keys via Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Keys via Registry: I need to disable the Ctrl, Alt, Del, Esc, an function keys. These need to be registry edits, not through 3rd party software. Thanks in advance :) 141760
  8. How to disable screensaver in Windows 10 v1803 Ent via Registry or GPO

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable screensaver in Windows 10 v1803 Ent via Registry or GPO: Hi All, Since our Windows 10 migration, we are having an issue with one of our GPO to disable screensavers for a AD group. If the user/computer were apart of the NoScreenSaver group, it would send down a couple of registry keys. Now with Windows 10 v1803, that policy is no...
  9. How to enable or disable SwiftKey suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable SwiftKey suggestions in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft acquired SwiftKey a few years back. This was then rolled out for iOS and Android versions earlier this year. The good news is that it has now been seamlessly integrated with Windows. Starting with Windows 10 1809, you can [...] This post How to enable or...
  10. Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo: In 10 v1511 there is a new entry in the start menu search called "device search history" that is enabled by default. I use Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] "AllowCortana"=dword:00000000 "DisableWebSearch"=dword:00000001...