Windows 10: How to disable System Beep in Windows 10 on charger connect/disconnect

Discus and support How to disable System Beep in Windows 10 on charger connect/disconnect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Acer nitro 5 laptop makes annoying beep sound upon charger switch on/off. How can i disable it ? I couldn't find it in BIOS settings. The device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Jun 4, 2019.

1. archz2 Win User

How to disable System Beep in Windows 10 on charger connect/disconnect

My Acer nitro 5 laptop makes annoying beep sound upon charger switch on/off. How can i disable it ? I couldn't find it in BIOS settings.

The device manager doesn't list any system beep option either that I can switch on or off.

I tried the registry method given on the following link.

How to disable System Beep in Windows 10/8/7
    I set the value to no from yes of this beep key located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound.

Still no resolution. The command prompt method doesn't work either.

Please help.

:)

archz2, Jun 4, 2019

2. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

My laptop makes an annoying beep sound whenever I plug or unplug the charger.

Windows 8.1/Windows 10:

Disable the System Speaker device:

1. Open "Device Manager".
    2. Scroll down to "System Devices".
    3. Click on "+"
    4. Right click on "System Speaker".
    5. Select "Disable"
    6. Restart your computer.

Beep should be permanently disabled.

Windows 7:

Disable the Beep device:

Source Disabling awful power cord beep?

DavidPostill, Jun 4, 2019
  3. lemontree Win User
    Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

My issue is the same as in this question, but none of the answers there helped solving my problem, so I'm hoping to get alternative suggestions here.

My laptop (Acer Aspire S5-391 with Windows 10 Home 64 bit) makes an annoying beep sound whenever I plug or unplug the charger, which I'd like to disable.

The following solutions I found in the linked question and in other places did not work for me:

• My BIOS doesn't provide a setting for power control beep.
    • My playback device settings don't show the "PC speaker" bar, so I can't mute it.
    • I don't have the Realtek audio driver, so I can't uninstall it. When I automatically search for a new audio driver via device manager, the search won't terminate. When I donwload the driver from the Acer Support site, I am only offered the Realtek driver (which seems to be a possible cause of the problem according to some sites) which anyway fails to install.
    • My device manager doesn't show Non-Plug and Play Drivers, even after enabling "Show hidden devices", and therefore I can't see and disable the "Beep" device. According to LPChip's comment on DavidPostill's answer, in Windows 10 the "Beep" entry is labelled as "System devices" > "System speakers", so see the next bullet point.
    • Edit after DavidPostill's updated answer My device manager doesn't show "system speakers" under "system devices" (which seems to be the equivalent to the above for Windows 10), so I can't disable them. Possibly my laptop doesn't have separate system speakers so the beep comes from the normal built-in speakers, in which case I probably won't be able to manipulate something in the device manager without also affecting all other sounds.
    • "Default beep" in the system sounds I already have disabled (so this apparently isn't the correct option anyway).

Gloabally disabling sounds mutes the beep, but is not a desired workaround for me - I only want to get rid of the charger beep, but still want to hear other default system sounds (or at least some, I alreay configured these in the control panel, but didn't find an option specifically for the charger beep; I think this is a matter of driver or BIOS settings rather than default Windows settings, but am not completely sure).

lemontree, Jun 4, 2019
  4. DSYarn Win User

Beep on Call Disconnect

When I hang up a call, or the other person hangs up on me, the phone gives three loud and annoying beeps. I guess that's to let me know that the call is disconnected, but I really would like the ability to enable/disable this feature as I please.
    Is there any way to do that?

DSYarn, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How to disable System Beep in Windows 10 on charger connect/disconnect - Similar Threads - disable System Beep

2. Laptop charger keeps connecting and disconnecting

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop charger keeps connecting and disconnecting: [IMG]If your laptop charger keeps connecting and disconnecting, the solutions provided in this article will help you. This issue can damage your laptop battery; hence, you should not ignore it. Usually, hardware and power supply issues cause such problems. Why is my charger...
  3. Windows 11, My chargers disconnects when wifi is connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, My chargers disconnects when wifi is connected.: Hi, Im using Windows 11, My chargers disconnecting continuesly and it also disconnects when wifi is connected. Please help... i have even replaced charger with newone....
  4. Windows 11, My chargers disconnects when wifi is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, My chargers disconnects when wifi is connected.: Hi, Im using Windows 11, My chargers disconnecting continuesly and it also disconnects when wifi is connected. Please help... i have even replaced charger with newone....
  5. Black screen when connecting/disconnecting charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when connecting/disconnecting charger: Hi, I just bought a laptop with windows 11 on it, after downloading all updates and drivers for the gpu I disconnected the charger from the laptop. When I did this the screen went black for some seconds; then I tried connecting it again and the same thing occured.I tried...
  6. Black screen when connecting/disconnecting charger

Black screen when connecting/disconnecting charger: Hi, I just bought a laptop with windows 11 on it, after downloading all updates and drivers for the gpu I disconnected the charger from the laptop. When I did this the screen went black for some seconds; then I tried connecting it again and the same thing occured.I tried...
  7. Laptop charger keeps disconnecting and connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charger keeps disconnecting and connecting: Well, I've posted it over here because I am really really sure that I don't have something wrong with my charger.So the problem is my laptop ,when plugged in, keeps getting itself disconnected and connected from the status of being charged and I get that "beep" sound. Also...
  8. Laptop charger keeps disconnecting and connecting

Laptop charger keeps disconnecting and connecting: Well, I've posted it over here because I am really really sure that I don't have something wrong with my charger.So the problem is my laptop ,when plugged in, keeps getting itself disconnected and connected from the status of being charged and I get that "beep" sound. Also...
  9. Charger disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charger disconnecting: My laptop keep disconnecting from charging i already checked battery, charger, and also check power troubleshooter please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charger-disconnecting/94d6c8a2-856e-439e-a3ff-314c1d4bbf91
  10. How to disable noise when (dis)connecting charger?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable noise when (dis)connecting charger?: My laptop makes an annoying beeping noise when plugging in the charger or removing it. In Windows 7/8, if you went to your speaker properties and then levels, you could mute PC speaker and that took care of it. Don't see that option anymore. Cheers! 15773

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable beep windows 10

2. windows 10 disable system beep