Windows 10: How to disable tablet mode when using Wacom in Win10

Discus and support How to disable tablet mode when using Wacom in Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have go to the setting and disable the table mode. But when I using my Wacom, Windows switch to tablet mode automatically, without any asking. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveChan1, Oct 26, 2018.

1. How to disable tablet mode when using Wacom in Win10

I have go to the setting and disable the table mode.

But when I using my Wacom, Windows switch to tablet mode automatically, without any asking.

It is very annoying when using Photoshop or even web browsing.
    Now when click with my pen it scroll, and nothing I can do......

Pls help!

:)

SteveChan1, Oct 26, 2018

2. How to disable tablet mode when using Wacom?

After Win10 1803 update.

it is very painful to use Wacom with Windows.

the annoying pop up keyboard, need to disable by switch off the service.

in setting I already set my PC using desktop mode, but some how when I using Wacom, it still switch to tablet mode.

It lead to several usage problem, like I cannot highlight text in word like using a mouse, I need to press and hold like using a phone. It is very hard to drag and drop files etc.

How can I switch this off????

I have using Windows for many years with Wacom, never this was happened before.

What’s wrong with your design team?

SteveChan1, Oct 26, 2018
  3. MadelineH Win User
    Wacom Tablet not detected

Yes it was working before. I just noticed the issue on Thursday. I have not made changes.

I have tried installing drivers, restarting my computer, updating drivers, installing in compatibility mode, installing a driver directly from Wacom, etc. My wireless mouse works just fine, and I even replaced the tablet with the same model.

MadelineH, Oct 26, 2018
  4. How to disable tablet mode when using Wacom in Win10

windows 10 and Wacom tablets.

Unfortunately safe mode is not an option. The Wacom board relies on a Wacom service to run as a Wacom board and this service is not available in safe mode. The pen does however function in safe mode as a mouse via windows pen and ink.

Starting with the clean boot and with the Wacom service enabled then the pen functions via windows pen and ink but the Wacom utilities do not detect the presence of a Wacom Tablet, even though it is listed as a Wacom tablet in device manager and in the settings
    and devices hardware section as a Wacom intuos pro large.

The default admin and a new user admin should have the same software profile and should both work. the fact that the hidden admin account works and other accounts don't excludes there being a hardware or software problem. It has to be profile related
    surely? or permissions. We have had issues in the past whereby the windows 10 updates removed all application packages from certain folders that killed all the modern apps from working. This feels like something similar, since the issue was noticed after
    the fall update. Unfortunately we could not roll back as the old installation backup had been cleaned up.

Lots of people with issues with Wacom tablets and windows 10 either disable windows pen and ink, but this is not an option for us as doing so kills the pens pressure sensitivity. The other popular repair is due to the Wacom Professional Service not being
    started. In our case the service is set as Automatic and is running. Some forums suggest restarting this service, for us it makes no difference. Another suggestion was that the issue was down to there being no Wintab drivers in windows 10, but installing
    them made no difference either.

all of the troubleshooters have been run , sfc/scannow has been run dism has been run. Windows 10 has been reloaded via an inplace upgrade. Group policies have been checked and all show as not configured.

Doing a fresh reinstall is not an option as we are in the middle of a project for a client, and even if we were not, the machine has a high number of programs containing multiple plugins. It also seems pointless when we have the hidden admin account working
    properly.

As you can see we have been troubleshooting this for months and the frustration levels are high.

As it stands we have a £500 graphics tablet that might as well be a £5 mouse. We have lost well over 30 hours going round and round in circles with support representatives.

Slowhand818, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

How to disable tablet mode when using Wacom in Win10

1. How to disable tablet mode when using Wacom in Win10 - Similar Threads - disable tablet mode

2. How to use the physical keyboard when it is in tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the physical keyboard when it is in tablet mode.: I want to be able to use the physical keyboard when in tablet mode on my Lenovo intel core i3 10th generation IdeaPad Flex 5 .Whenever I put the screen 180 the keyboard disables. I've tried reading other sources but can't find anything to suit the system of my laptop. I have...
  3. How to use the physical keyboard when it is in tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use the physical keyboard when it is in tablet mode.: I want to be able to use the physical keyboard when in tablet mode on my Lenovo intel core i3 10th generation IdeaPad Flex 5 .Whenever I put the screen 180 the keyboard disables. I've tried reading other sources but can't find anything to suit the system of my laptop. I have...
  4. Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet: I've been troubleshooting with my wacom tablet's ability to interact with applications and browser-based programs for some time now with very limited success. Disabling 'Windows Ink' on my computer just disables the pen's ability to write on anything. Could I please have help...
  5. Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet: I've been troubleshooting with my wacom tablet's ability to interact with applications and browser-based programs for some time now with very limited success. Disabling 'Windows Ink' on my computer just disables the pen's ability to write on anything. Could I please have help...
  6. Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings: Hi I have a few users that are entering tablet mode even though the laptop itself is not folded into a tablet and the option is disabled within Windows Settings.Has anyone seen this issue before?And if they have, what is the cause and fix?Cheers...
  8. Disabling Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Tablet mode: My laptop is stack at Tablet mode. I can't use the start button and the calendar short cut. How can i disable tablet mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-tablet-mode/95f8945f-1cb2-4d20-afdb-51e1a9c910b1
  9. wacom tablet

wacom tablet: Hi, Yesterday i bought a wacom tablet FT-0405-U0B and wanted to install it on windows 10 but didn't work. I've installed the drivers from the internet,nothing works. Is it even compatible with windows 10? I can't even find any information on google to veryfied that. I've...
  10. wacom tablet not detected

wacom tablet not detected: My Intuos tablet doesnt show up when I open the Wacom desktop center so I cant restore my device settings and cant use the pens sensitivity or shortcuts anymore. It makes that sound when it gets plugged in and shows up in device managers but it just acts like a mouse. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i disable win10 pen tablet driver

2. do i need to turn off s mode to use a wacom tablet

3. wacom tablet large cursor disable

4. windows 10 wacom disable keyboard,
  5. wacom bamboo disable pen functions,
  6. disable on screen keyboard when using wacom tablet,
  7. disable tablet driver win10