Windows 10: How to disable task view

Discus and support How to disable task view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 education because I can get a product key through work. This being said, my work Microsoft account is not linked to my device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by coreyoconnor, Sep 4, 2020.

1. How to disable task view

I am running windows 10 education because I can get a product key through work. This being said, my work Microsoft account is not linked to my device and I am the sole owner and user of my device. The task view feature drives me insane. I find the clustering of windows chaotic and upsetting. I found a guide saying you can adjust the behavior of this and also alt-tab, which is also not helpful in its current form, under Settings->System->Multitasking. This is shown in the image below:

How to disable task view 9c548176-74ce-4c8a-98c3-9c18a4b3ee25?upload=true.png

However when I open this none of the options the guide mentions are there, and there is a warning in yellow saying that "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I am often using 20+ windows on my computer and I find both alt-tab and task view win key-tab too disorganized and noisy to be of any use. I used to run Gnome on Linux, and that had a nice configuration agent that made it's version of task view less overwhelming and grouped windows by application on it's alt-tab view.

I am sorry this is so verbose, I am just increasingly stressed out and overwhelmed by the features of these keys and no matter what I try nothing seems to affect their behavior, or give me the option to.

I have tried:

Following this guide did absolutely nothing

Installing Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Center is not compatible with they keyboard and mouse built into my laptop

Changing the behavior of the views through settings option is not available, as shown above

How do I fix this?

:)

coreyoconnor, Sep 4, 2020

2. Disable Task View

I don't see any reply from the original Author, but I have the same question.

So in answer to your questions:

1) No I am not. I can already unpin that icon from the taskbar

2) I have three working monitors in extended desktop mode, and I still don't want the task view abomination.

3) I don't understand the purpose of this question.

So let me try to explain clearly what bugs the F'n F out of me.

What seems randomly occurring to me, is that when I am doing some activity:

• Deleting email
    • Clicking a link
    • Getting ready to grab a window
    • Hovering
    • Copy for cut and paste
    • Use an app that produces a pop-up
    • Clicking a new tab in a browser
    • The list goes on and on and on
    The f'ing OS goes into F'ing task view mode. It is THE MOST ANNOYING FEATURE EVER.

I want to disable it.

Please tell me how.

Thank You.

Polaris Alpha Eric, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    how to disable task view in windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, please clarify the following:

• Do you wish to disable the
      Task View feature completely
      or just remove it from the taskbar?

• Can you send us screenshots of your taskbar and the
      missing Show Task View button option when you right-click on the taskbar?

Regards.

Roan T, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

How to disable task view

Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

How to disable task view

1. How to disable task view - Similar Threads - disable task view

2. How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?: is it possible to rearrange tasks in Task View?For example in the Task View from left to right I have Outlook, Excel file 1 and Excel file 2 opened. Is it possible to rearrange the sequence so that I would have from left to right Excel file 2, Outlook then finally Excel file...
  3. How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?: is it possible to rearrange tasks in Task View?For example in the Task View from left to right I have Outlook, Excel file 1 and Excel file 2 opened. Is it possible to rearrange the sequence so that I would have from left to right Excel file 2, Outlook then finally Excel file...
  4. How to re-arrange tasks in Task View?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.: Everything was fine, no issues what so ever, then for the first time ever in 8 years i opened task view a few weeks back since i wanted to test something with multiple desktops. Ever since, task view completely freaks out when using SteamVR virtual desktop. 9/10 clicks brings...
  6. How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.: Everything was fine, no issues what so ever, then for the first time ever in 8 years i opened task view a few weeks back since i wanted to test something with multiple desktops. Ever since, task view completely freaks out when using SteamVR virtual desktop. 9/10 clicks brings...
  7. How to disable desktop view

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable desktop view: I do not ever want any "hotspot" on the screen to suddenly show the desktop. I can say that to me, the desktop is the most profoundly uninteresting, actually, totally useless, aspect of Windows. Having what I am working on suddenly disappear because the mouse has drifted...
  8. How do I disable swipe right for Task View?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable swipe right for Task View?: Half the time I move my mouse Task View pops up. I do not want to use Task View. Ever. It does nothing for me but waste my time. How do I disable it? I've tried disabling the group policy and editing the registry, yet it still happens:...
  9. Disable the task view feature

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable the task view feature: Is it possible to disable this annoying feature so it wont appear if i accidentally click the windows key + tab? 130417
  10. Disable Win+Ctrl+D or Task View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Win+Ctrl+D or Task View?: Hi, I would like to disable this shortcut if possible, windows+ctrl+D. It opens a new desktop sometimes when I'm playing games and is really annoying. I have already disabled all Win+ shortcuts through regedit but this is still happening, if I can't disable that shortcut,...