Windows 10: how to disable taskbar toggling, where it switches between 2 programs

Discus and support how to disable taskbar toggling, where it switches between 2 programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two windows open, chrome and firefox. Each of course has a taskbar tab. If I click on the chrome tab it brings the chrome window into focus. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnhoh, Sep 10, 2019.

1. johnhoh Win User

how to disable taskbar toggling, where it switches between 2 programs

I have two windows open, chrome and firefox. Each of course has a taskbar tab. If I click on the chrome tab it brings the chrome window into focus. But then if I click the chrome tab again, it brings the firefox window into focus.

I assume this is default windows behavior but I don't like it. I would like for EVERY TIME I click on the chrome tab, the result is the chrome window being in focus. If I want firefox, I can click on the firefox tab. Is this possible?

:)

johnhoh, Sep 10, 2019

2. toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

'particular monitor/screen and visible unlocked taskbar' No, my taskbar is normally locked - I would need to include the unlocking step. I already use many Autohotkey applications - mostly for entering scraps of text.
    Forgive me for quoting the wrong program 'AutoIT' when you suggested AutoHotKey. MouseClickDrag looks daunting but 'feasible' - worth a try - but not tonight.

Sebastian42, Sep 10, 2019
  3. program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Sep 10, 2019
  4. how to disable taskbar toggling, where it switches between 2 programs

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

So your suggestion of using autohotkey, is not (yet) capable of moving the taskbar ? - let go toggling by means of a batch file.

Sebastian42, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

how to disable taskbar toggling, where it switches between 2 programs

1. how to disable taskbar toggling, where it switches between 2 programs - Similar Threads - disable taskbar toggling

2. Middle mouse click toggles between windows - how to disable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse click toggles between windows - how to disable?: I'm currently using a Win 10 PC 21H2 and noticed something weird:If I press and hold down the middle mouse button/mouse wheel and move the mouse slightly, usually the e.g. browser page scrolls down/up quickly but on this PC clicking the middle mouse button/mouse wheel opens a...
  3. Middle mouse click toggles between windows - how to disable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Middle mouse click toggles between windows - how to disable?: I'm currently using a Win 10 PC 21H2 and noticed something weird:If I press and hold down the middle mouse button/mouse wheel and move the mouse slightly, usually the e.g. browser page scrolls down/up quickly but on this PC clicking the middle mouse button/mouse wheel opens a...
  4. Middle mouse click toggles between windows - how to disable?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello: Windows Hello is using my external camera Logitech Brio by default, but I don't want it to. That camera is frequently occupied by other streaming software, which prevents Windows Hello from accessing it when my screen is locked.All the help I've found in the forums is for...
  6. How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards: So basicly I have 2 monitors. My main monitor is smaller (27"), but has higher resolution and frame rate. I use it for work and games. My second monitor is actually a tv. It's bigger, but has lower resolution and frame rate. I use it for movies and sometimes co-op games. I...
  7. Gap between program windows and taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gap between program windows and taskbar: https://snipboard.io/q0jind.jpg You can see Spotify, in a maximised window or what it's called, then a little few pixels of Discord, which weirdly is the only thing that actually manages to reach the taskbar, and then the taskbar. Discord is not the cause, if i turn it off,...
  8. Keyboard Toggle between (2 ) and ( ")

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Toggle between (2 ) and ( "): green symbol, occurs occasionally, I forget how to fix, using (Fn)? Why does it happen? I tried switching to English (United States) and this didn't help, with Canadian language pack (not a downloaded app)...
  9. Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH] We all run multiple programs and apps, and it’s important that we be able to switch between them either by clicking on their Taskbar icons or using the usual shortcut Alt+Tab. However, at times, you find that neither of these methods [...] This post Cannot switch...
  10. How to toggle between file arrangements-detailed

in Windows 10 Support
    How to toggle between file arrangements-detailed: This is may sound a bit unique, I want to be able to change the arrangement of files in my folder by some sort of simple action, let me elaborate, I have a folder on my PC, the PC is used by the entire family , (I'm a teenager and obviously ain't a kid anymore, I watch a lot...