Windows 10: How to disable test mode in windows 10 when it is protected by secure boot policy?

Discus and support How to disable test mode in windows 10 when it is protected by secure boot policy? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am wondering how to disable this huge test mode watermark in windows 10. I have tried the normal fix, only to be met with this error. What can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EMansuy3, Jun 2, 2021.

1. EMansuy3 Win User

How to disable test mode in windows 10 when it is protected by secure boot policy?

Hi, I am wondering how to disable this huge test mode watermark in windows 10. I have tried the normal fix, only to be met with this error. What can I do?

:)

EMansuy3, Jun 2, 2021
  2. Alysson24 Win User

Windows 10 test mode

I can't remove Test Mode from my computer. I did some steps from Microsoft website but didn't solve my problem.

Show this message: "Error while defining the element data.

The value is protected by the Safe Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted."

Could you help me?

Alysson24, Jun 2, 2021
  3. maranna Win User
    disabling secure boot

Hello
    These are the instructions I received from the engineers at Asus regarding disabling secure boot. I can do so by clearing keys but that is not advised. I want to use various Linux distros which require that secure boot be disabled. My new board is Asus Tuf z390 Gaming Plus Wifi.
    Their directions below did not disable secure boot either. If you have any ideas I would appreciate them. The builder said he felt enabling CSM as Asus did should have disabled secure boot too.

>>BIOS -> Boot -> CSM (Compatibility Support Module) -> Launch CSM -> Enabled

1. Boot mode -> UEFI and Legacy
    2. Boot from Network -> Legacy (old drives); or UEFI mode (for NVME/SSD drives)
    3. Boot from Storage -> Legacy (old drives); or UEFI mode (for NVME/SSD drives)
    4. Boot from PCIE/PCI -> Legacy (old drives); or UEFI mode (for NVME/SSD drives)
    5. Go back to Boot -> Secure Boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI Mode (Windows 10/8.1/8) and Other OS (for Windows 7)<<

maranna, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Marie Ave Win User

How to disable test mode in windows 10 when it is protected by secure boot policy?

Test Sign mode

Hi Koutz,

The test mode message indicates that the test signing mode of the operating system is started on the computer. The test signing mode may start if an installed program is in a test phase because it uses drivers that are not digitally signed by Microsoft.

I'd like to know some details of the concern to help provide the appropriate resolution. Kindly answer the following question below:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • Is BitLocker enabled on your computer?
    For you to disable the test mode, you will need to run it as an administrator. To do this:

• Search cmd on the taskbar then right-click on
      Command Prompt
      then select Run as administrator.
      If you are prompted by a User Account Control window, tap or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command, and then press Enter:bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
    • After you see the confirmation, close the Command Prompt window.
    • Save any unsaved work, and then restart the computer.

If it still wouldn't disable the test mode, I suggest that you enable the built-in administrator account so you can disable this feature. Please note that you will be using this solely for troubleshooting purposes only. I do recommend disabling this after
    the troubleshooting to avoid messing up your computer's functionality.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press Enter.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account.
    • Log back in with the admin account then disable the test mode by following the steps above or you can refer to this
      link.

To disable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar, right-click
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:no, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account.
    Update us with the results.

Marie Ave, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. How to disable test mode in windows 10 when it is protected by secure boot policy? - Similar Threads - disable test mode

2. Secure Boot Violation check boot policy error is coming after disabled secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot Violation check boot policy error is coming after disabled secure boot: I am on Zorin Os right now but I want to go back on windows, but when I create a usb flash drive of windows 10/11 it show error message like secure boot violation check boot policy... after I have disabled secure boot in bios, It's not solving please help I want to come on...
  3. Secure Boot Violation check boot policy error is coming after disabled secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot Violation check boot policy error is coming after disabled secure boot: I am on Zorin Os right now but I want to go back on windows, but when I create a usb flash drive of windows 10/11 it show error message like secure boot violation check boot policy... after I have disabled secure boot in bios, It's not solving please help I want to come on...
  4. How to disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable secure boot: Cant edit the secure boot option. Have changed admin and hdd password and tried to turn off fast boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-secure-boot/0c2317d4-45c3-469f-8204-cc25a3efb475
  5. How to disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable secure boot: Cant edit the secure boot option. Have changed admin and hdd password and tried to turn off fast boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-secure-boot/0c2317d4-45c3-469f-8204-cc25a3efb475
  6. The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted

in Windows 10 News
    The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted: [ATTACH]If you see The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be […] This article The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to disable secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable secure boot: While setting up my new desktop, I did not setup a password since setup asked for MSN account password. Windows update later installed the latest version of windows. When the computer restarted, it recognizes me but wants a pin or password--which I don't have. It doesn't go...
  8. Group Policy does not disable Realtime Protection in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policy does not disable Realtime Protection in Windows Security: Hi Guys i have a Group Policy set: computer configuration\administrative templates\windows components\windows defender antivirus\real-time protection - turn off real-time protection to enable. However realtime protection is still enabled in the Windows Security...
  9. Test Mode Watermark Not Disabling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Test Mode Watermark Not Disabling: Hi, I am having the Test Mode watermark text appearing on my screen. I have followed three set of instructions: Type 'bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING off' in cmd as admin Disable driver signature enforcement in UEFI/BIOS initialization Disable driver signature enforcement via...
  10. Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable: Ok im about to upgrade to win 10 then do a clean install afterwards of win 10, but i wanted to assure i have everything correct before i start. I updated again my profile with Belarc to assure i have a completed list of my software, i notice this Boot mode uefi with secure...