Windows 10: How to disable the back function

Discus and support How to disable the back function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I disable the back and forward functions in windows, not the buttons per say but make it so that pressing the buttons does not effect windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexanderMusitano, May 29, 2021.

1. How to disable the back function

How do I disable the back and forward functions in windows, not the buttons per say but make it so that pressing the buttons does not effect windows explorer?

:)

AlexanderMusitano, May 29, 2021
  2. Shadoi Win User

Disable Search Function

Greetings all,

I need to disable the Search function in Windows 10 Pro. Upgraded from Windows 7, where the Search function was listed as a feature and could be disabled as one through the Control Panel. Apparently not so in Win 10 as it's not listed as feature.

I can disable Cortana and using the Search function to search the web,but in need of disabling the Search function entirely. Computer is in a public environment and needs to be locked down. The unit has only one purpose and that is accessed through the browser.

I am unable to find a way through the Policy settings and through PowerShell.

Appreciate the help,

Russ

Shadoi, May 29, 2021
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 29, 2021
  4. How to disable the back function

Why is the uninstal and disable function for my touch screen nor staying firm when I either shut down or the screen saver kicks in?

Hi Danny,

Let us try resolving your touch screen issue after the update. We suggest that you follow the steps below to disable it:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Settings.
    • Go to
      Devices.
    • Click on Pen & Windows Ink link.
    • Toggle off the Handwriting Input Panel
      touse your finger as an input.

Note:
      If the issue still persists, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows logo key + X.
    • Select the Device Manager from the list.
    • Click the little arrow next to
      Human Interface Devices
      to expand the list.
    • Click the touch screen driver.
    • Right-click, and select the
      Disable from the list.
    • Click yes on the dialog box if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Michael Gall, May 29, 2021
Thema:

How to disable the back function

1. How to disable the back function - Similar Threads - disable function

2. How to disable all windows functionalities except for one app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable all windows functionalities except for one app ?: Hi,I am trying to use a computer as a monitor for an app.I want the local user to only be able to use one application, and nothing else no file explorer, no windows explorer, no apps, nothing.How could I achieve this ?Thank you !...
  3. How to disable all windows functionalities except for one app ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable all windows functionalities except for one app ?: Hi,I am trying to use a computer as a monitor for an app.I want the local user to only be able to use one application, and nothing else no file explorer, no windows explorer, no apps, nothing.How could I achieve this ?Thank you !...
  4. disable function laptop rog strix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable function laptop rog strix: Hello, I want help regarding the fn button. I need to make it stop when I turn up the volume or turn it off. I cannot do it on the ROG Strix laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-function-laptop-rog-strix/a3fe0fcc-6360-4968-a094-b3dcd63f08e4
  5. disable function laptop rog strix

disable function laptop rog strix: Hello, I want help regarding the fn button. I need to make it stop when I turn up the volume or turn it off. I cannot do it on the ROG Strix laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-function-laptop-rog-strix/a3fe0fcc-6360-4968-a094-b3dcd63f08e4
  6. How the hell do i disable the function keys on my latop?? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How the hell do i disable the function keys on my latop?? Windows 11: I heard that you should try pressing Fn+Esc but that doesnt work. i also heard you should try caps lock & shift at the same time but that does not work either. help!!!...
  7. How the hell do i disable the function keys on my latop?? Windows 11

How the hell do i disable the function keys on my latop?? Windows 11: I heard that you should try pressing Fn+Esc but that doesnt work. i also heard you should try caps lock & shift at the same time but that does not work either. help!!!...
  8. How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 PRO: I've tried the recommended steps for creating then setting the value for WindowsCopilot to 1, but the AI functions still return.Help please.Dave https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-copilot-and-all-other-ai/e74a841f-794c-48d2-9a8a-e3ccfac8ea86
  9. How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 PRO

How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 PRO: I've tried the recommended steps for creating then setting the value for WindowsCopilot to 1, but the AI functions still return.Help please.Dave https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-copilot-and-all-other-ai/e74a841f-794c-48d2-9a8a-e3ccfac8ea86
  10. i want to disable alt + tab functionality like when i press alt + tab i dont want that its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to disable alt + tab functionality like when i press alt + tab i dont want that its...: i want o disable alt + tab functionality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-disable-alt-tab-functionality-like-when/6096eae4-6ed5-446a-9d27-f107aeaeb2ac