Windows 10: How to disable the controller working the start menu

Discus and support How to disable the controller working the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What setting or service do i need to disable to get the controller from working with teh start menu of Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Popa2caps, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Popa2caps Win User

How to disable the controller working the start menu

What setting or service do i need to disable to get the controller from working with teh start menu of Windows?

:)

Popa2caps, Dec 9, 2019

2. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Volume control not working

Thank you for the feedback. If the first solution did not work for you, we suggest you disable the enhancements on the sound and see if it helps. Simply follow the steps provided below.

• Click Start menu and type Sound and hit enter
    • Select the Playback tab and then right-click on the Speakers and select Properties.
    • Go to Enhancements tab and uncheck Disable all sound effects.
    • Uncheck the immediate mode on top of the list.

If you require any further information, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 9, 2019
  4. How to disable the controller working the start menu

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

How to disable the controller working the start menu

1. How to disable the controller working the start menu - Similar Threads - disable controller working

2. Start menu web results disabled or not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu web results disabled or not working: I have windows 10 home Fully updated & Activated.When I search any web results in the start menu, it's nothing showing from the web. How do I fix it?I googled for it. Google shows that how to disable web search in start menu. but I don't know how to enable it....
  3. How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?

in Cortana
    How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?: I'm trying to reinstall start menu and the windows 10 search bar, because I can't type in either my search bar or the file explorer. Most of the fixes I've seen involve using the powershell console and this code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...
  4. how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?: as the title says is there a way to disable "Type to search" in start menu? [ATTACH] else if that can't be done, is there a way to disable task bar to a specific user?...
  5. How to disable web search in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable web search in Start Menu?: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1909 and I want to disable stupid web search that open useless Edge browser if I type file name wrongly and then I click enter and browser opens how to disable that? submitted by /u/Qiasm [link] [comments]...
  6. How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DavyScript [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/encpik/how_to_disable_the_new_start_menu_flyout/
  7. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...
  8. How to disable photo search in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable photo search in the start menu?: Hello, after the recent large windows 10 update, I've noticed now when I search for a program via the "Search Windows" start menu thing in the lower left corner, photos also show up in the results along with the program results even when the name of the photo is not what I...
  9. How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu: Right clicking on start button give acces to all kinds off Tools that i dont want my users to have acces to. I know that i can disable some whit GPO but it there a way to remove the right click on the start button. Thank you 55968
  10. Start menu Personalization Disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu Personalization Disabled: Had to try a few different methods to get the start menu not working problem to go away. Finally I had to go back to a restore point from just after the upgrade from Windows 7 to get the start menu to work again. Now I try to turn back on the folders in Personalization >...