Windows 10: How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse?

Discus and support How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have followed the three published suggestions for disabling the ELAN touchpad disable the device, update the driver, change the Registry, but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David_167, Sep 8, 2020.

1. David_167 Win User

How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse?

I have followed the three published suggestions for disabling the ELAN touchpad disable the device, update the driver, change the Registry, but nothing works. I have also tried disabling the ELAN Service, and that, too, does not work.

I use a USB mouse, not the laptop touchpad. I must disable the touchpad so the mouse cursor doesn't jump around unexpectedly.

Details: the Registry entry does not exist. The Device Disable button is disabled.

I have the latest drivers. There is no help at HP support.

Please read this entire posting before replying.

Environment: Windows 10 Home, HP: laptop

:)

David_167, Sep 8, 2020

2. Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update

Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Elan touchpad. Worked before the update now it does not function at all and is not seen by the OS. Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.10, Installed all drivers from Acer and issue remains:

• Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7
    • IO Drivers Intel Serial IO Driver 604.10135.1001.53001
    • MBI Intel Sideband Fabric Device Driver 1.70.305.16316
    • TXE Intel Intel TXE Driver 1.1.0.1064
    • TouchPad ELANTECH Touchpad Driver 13.6.3.1

The only thing that shows up in the device manager is my mouse I have plugged in

AvidSurvivalist, Sep 8, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Disable Touchpad and use External mouse

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the TouchPad of your laptop and want to use an external USB mouse.

To use an external USB mouse, please connect the USB mouse to any USB port on your laptop and it will be set up automatically.

To disable the touchpad you can try the following steps and check if that helps:

1. Press and hold Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager from the list.
    3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    4. Find Synaptics SMBus TouchPad/ELANClickpad touchpad.
    5. Right click on the driver and select Disable.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse? - Similar Threads - disable Elantech Touchpad

2. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing: Dear Microsoft team and any helpful people out there,I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an Elantech mousepad. It suddenly became disabled a few weeks ago, so I searched how to fix it and found that it might be a problem with the driver. I checked on the device manager and...
  3. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing: Dear Microsoft team and any helpful people out there,I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an Elantech mousepad. It suddenly became disabled a few weeks ago, so I searched how to fix it and found that it might be a problem with the driver. I checked on the device manager and...
  4. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to Disable the Touchpad when Mouse is Connected

How to Disable the Touchpad when Mouse is Connected: I am using Windows 10 Pro, build 20H2. I have attempted the following code to disable the touchpad when a mouse is detected, but it seems to not be working. I have restarted the computer after applying, and does not take effect. Disable Touchpad when Mouse is Connected in...
  6. mouse not disabling touchpad

mouse not disabling touchpad: mouse not disabling touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-not-disabling-touchpad/1e36e4be-29f9-416e-b35b-679cbf16f790
  7. How to disable a touchpad when a bluetooth mouse is attached

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable a touchpad when a bluetooth mouse is attached: I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop. I would like to disable the touchpad when my HP Bluetooth mouse is present. I have looked at several help posts but I do not find the option to disable the touchpad from the setting page on the touchpad or on the mouse page....
  8. Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.

Missing gesture on Elantech touchpad.: Hello! A while ago, i had installed win10 on my laptop and was satisfied enough with it. It had some issues with sound latency and touchpad stopped working after about a month without reboot, but in general it worked fine for me. Also touchpad had some cool gestures, such as...
  9. Elantech touchpad not recognised by Windows 10

Elantech touchpad not recognised by Windows 10: I am having trouble on an Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W This is what I have done so far: Installed newest Elan drivers from Acer. Installed all drivers for unknown devices none of which being my touchpad. I tried to enable my touchpad in mouse settings only to find nothing...
  10. Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update

Elantech touchpad not recognized after Anniversary Update: Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Elan touchpad. Worked before the update now it does not function at all and is not seen by the OS. Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.10, Installed all drivers from Acer and issue remains: Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7 IO Drivers Intel...