Windows 10: How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?

Discus and support How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know how to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool, which is performed by pressing the windows key + Shift + S. Note: I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Equanimous, Mar 4, 2019.

1. How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?

Hi, I would like to know how to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool, which is performed by pressing the windows key + Shift + S.

Note: I'm not looking to disable all hotkeys, but only the one I mentioned.

:)

Equanimous, Mar 4, 2019

2. Windows 10: disable hotkeys for Snipping Tool?

The Windows 10 Snipping Tool has reserved some keyboard shortcuts. I wish to use them with another program.

Is there a way to release these? Or else disable the Snipping Tool completely?

The tool I wish to use instead is Greenshot, which I've been using for years in Windows (XP, 7, 8, 8.1). Here is the message Greenshot displays on install:

---------------------------

Warning

The hotkey(s) "PrintScreen, Alt + PrintScreen, Ctrl + PrintScreen" could not be registered. This problem is probably caused by another tool claiming usage of the same hotkey(s)! You could either change your hotkey settings or deactivate/change the software
    making use of the hotkey(s).
    All Greenshot features still work directly from the tray icon context menu without hotkeys.

Abort Retry Ignore

I found the registry entries, but I'm not sure what to edit to disable the Snipping Tool.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\TabletPC\Snipping Tool

EricChadwickOutAct, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10: disable hotkeys for Snipping Tool?

Is there any fix for the problem of the hotkeys? I also use Greenshot, but can not register the hotkeys. The work around of

Nyima Yonten
    does not work because there is no snipping tool.exe under the services.

PLEASE some other suggestions?

JB_Sullivan, Mar 4, 2019
  4. How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?

Windows 10: disable hotkeys for Snipping Tool?

This is a lot to do to shut down the tool, and all of the issues seem to revolve around the same problem.

The built in snipping tool is almost exactly what people are looking for, but it is falling short in a few areas, namely configurability for the hotkeys,compressed filesaves to clipboard and disk (Etc.), and hotkeys being used by other applications already
    (Such as Onedrive.)

I previously used snagit (Single executable file), and it did the 2 functions I used most. (Make compressed jpg files, and copy the region capture to the clipboard). So, since all of the positive reviews of Greenshot, I discovered I can configure that
    as snagit was, and do all I need without changing the buttons I need to press. Thank you other users for the pointer to Greenshot, it works perfect.

Can the developers make the needed noteworthy improvements to the snipping tool, so that the built in tool does what users need out of the box? For the occasional snip, it is fine, like paint is fine for painting. As a snipping addicts (for documentation
    purposes), I need a little more.

Thank you!

J.Polensky, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?

1. How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)? - Similar Threads - disable hotkey snipping

2. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?: Update to Locked threadSnipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location?answered by @PCR Just PCRMy path is different When Saving ScreenshotsUsing Win + Shift + sThe Temp Folder Path for me isPath...
  3. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?: Update to Locked threadSnipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location?answered by @PCR Just PCRMy path is different When Saving ScreenshotsUsing Win + Shift + sThe Temp Folder Path for me isPath...
  4. snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder: its hard to save multiple screenshots from clipboard win+vplease make an option to automate this process to desired or dedicated folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-save-automatically-to/56387cac-d384-4374-b268-d7d9fa5a0603
  5. snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder

snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder: its hard to save multiple screenshots from clipboard win+vplease make an option to automate this process to desired or dedicated folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-save-automatically-to/56387cac-d384-4374-b268-d7d9fa5a0603
  6. How do I disable Snipping Tool / Snip and Sketch and Windows Shift S and install a better...

How do I disable Snipping Tool / Snip and Sketch and Windows Shift S and install a better...: Snip and Sketch / Snipping Tool is fundamentally broken. The fact that it doesn't save a snapshot automatically and that there is no way to configure this basic behaviour means the app is completely useless. I need to install a 3rd party app to do this, something like...
  7. Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...: Hi all! Like many people right now, I'm working remotely via Remote Desktop. Everything has been wonderful and smooth for a long time while using Win10 1607 LTSB (which pre-dates the new Sketch & Snip screen capture tool). I got a new machine this week with Win10 1909 on it....
  8. Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?: When I took a screenshot, Windows told me I wanted to try: WIN + Shift + S So, I did. But, where is this screenshot other than the clipboard? I can paste directly into OneNote, or whatever image program, but I don't want that. I want a timestamped screenshot or the...
  9. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s): Hello everyone. As mentioned I have a problem with the snipping tool shortcut. To be more precise: It generally seems to work and I get the overlay (white screen and I can cut. However after letting the mouse button go it just disappears and nothing happens. So basically...
  10. Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.

Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.: I have noticed that on 2 out of 3 computers with Windows 10, when using the snipping function that the cross will come up and the the area selected will show where I create the clipping but will not save the selected area. I have used it with another computer and have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snipping tool shortcut

2. how to disable windows shift s

3. remove windows shift s

4. Windows Shift S screen shot disable,
  5. windows 10 disable win shift s,
  6. win shift s hotkey not working,
  7. thinkpad disable snipping tool permamently,
  8. disable screen clipping shortcut shift win s,
  9. win shift s not working snipping,
  10. snipping tool.exe hotkeys,
  11. how to disable snipping tool hotkey windows 10