Windows 10: How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

Discus and support How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As in the picture below, I get these kind of media control popups whenever I play any media such as YouTube in Chrome browser. Even if the media is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RogerOriginals, Feb 16, 2022.

1. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

As in the picture below, I get these kind of media control popups whenever I play any media such as YouTube in Chrome browser. Even if the media is not playing or I have closed that website in the browser, the notification will still be there and is not dismissible. Any idea how to get rid of this for good so that I don't get these pop ups anymore?

:)

RogerOriginals, Feb 16, 2022

2. Windows Media Player 11 misses release day

Microsoft had scheduled Windows Media Player 11 for final release on October 24th, 2006. Microsoft has delayed release of the next version of its media player to an unspecified date. "As with any release, quality is our top priority, and we felt we needed a few additional days to bring Windows Media Player 11 up to the high quality standards we--and our customers and partners--demand." Microsoft did not mention exactly what part of Windows Media Player 11 didn't meet the bar. Microsoft has no defined date of when Windows Media Player 11 will be released, though rumors around the internet claim that Microsoft will release it on October 30th.

Source: CNET

zekrahminator, Feb 16, 2022
  3. Berton Win User
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

I'm not great with languages but what I see is right to left of the Notification Area. Mine is left to right:

How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray? [​IMG]

Some adjustments can be made to what is shown is accomplished by clicking the small up arrow to get the full list. Also right-clicking the Taskbar and choosing Taskbar settings then going to the Notification area can lead to enabling or disabling features on the bar.

Can't say about the clock but that suggests the whole screen may have been rotated or flipped.

Berton, Feb 16, 2022
  4. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

Lost clock and calendar from system tray after update on September 25, 2016

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue happens. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you adjust the height of the system tray. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the system tray.
    • Make sure that the Lock all taskbars
      option is unchecked.
    • Try positioning your cursor at the top edge of the system tray until you see a vertical line with arrows at both tips.
    • Hold the left mouse button down and drag the edge of the system tray upward to expand it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Feb 16, 2022
Thema:

How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

1. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray? - Similar Threads - disable media bar

2. Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or...: Please fix ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-bug-language-bar-docked-to-system-tray/e3699db8-622a-45cc-b435-22ce2569c744
  3. Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or...: Please fix ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-bug-language-bar-docked-to-system-tray/e3699db8-622a-45cc-b435-22ce2569c744
  4. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?: When I am playing video and need to grab a section with the snipping tool, the media bar covers important parts that I am trying to grab. i move my mouse away it disappears, but when i try to snip, the darn thing slides right back up and in the way. its very annoying.is there...
  5. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the media bar in Windows 11?: When I am playing video and need to grab a section with the snipping tool, the media bar covers important parts that I am trying to grab. i move my mouse away it disappears, but when i try to snip, the darn thing slides right back up and in the way. its very annoying.is there...
  6. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?: As in the picture below, I get these kind of media control popups whenever I play any media such as YouTube in Chrome browser. Even if the media is not playing or I have closed that website in the browser, the notification will still be there and is not dismissible. Any idea...
  7. how to disable microphone icon in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable microphone icon in system tray: but just the icon, no i dont want to HIDE it, or disable my mic, i want it not to appear, useless icon i dont want or need. i know the reson it was made, but for the people it was made for WONT SEE IT! and onoly the people wasnt made for will, so thanks <irrelevant content...
  8. Disable Windows 10 System tray icon permanently !?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Windows 10 System tray icon permanently !?: Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'll try to respect anything. I need your help guys, I've been looking for hours and couldn't find the way I did it months ago. I'm pretty sure I used one of your tutorials to help me. I did it for some softwares. (Windows 10) I don't want...
  9. How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping"

How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping": For a while now, the icons in my system tray (bottom right corner of the screen next to where date & time is displayed) have been "jumping". This makes it difficult to click on an icon such as power, sound, or network. As far as I can tell, this glitch occurs every time I'm...
  10. System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.

System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.: All of the sudden, the buttons don't work anymore. The app store button opens it briefly and then shuts it down. Same with Microsoft Edge. The battery status button doesn't work, same with the date/clock button, the keyboard and windows ink buttons. And most important,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray in chrome?