Windows 10: How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

Discus and support How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I set my laptop to stay on, when I close the lid. However with a closed lid, I am still able to use the mouse. I can even draw something in Paint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leonardo the Vinci, Oct 7, 2022.

1. How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

I set my laptop to stay on, when I close the lid. However with a closed lid, I am still able to use the mouse. I can even draw something in Paint although I don't see it, which is odd.I would like to disable some input devices, when the lid is closed and no external monitor is on. E.g. I would disable the external mouse and keyboard, but not the bluetooth headset which has Prev/Next/Play/Pause buttons on it, therefore it is an input/output device.How to disable a device, when all displays are off?

:)

Leonardo the Vinci, Oct 7, 2022

2. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnects when closing lid after update

My Lenovo Idealpad laptop no longer allows the bluetooth mouse and keyboard to work when the lid is closed.

the current power option settings are listed as “do nothing” when lid is closed. For both power and battery mode.

this was working fine prior to an update yeaterday.

Not sure what else to try

RussellFerreira1, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

LID close screen still on

Well, it was worth checking.

How long have you had this Asus ROG? Has it ever turned off the screen when the lid is closed?

The last post in this thread suggests it may be a hardware problem, the section starting 'Here's an interesting story about the GL502VS in general' describes a sequence of replacements from Asus, one of which behaved this way. Oddly, the OP actually wanted this behaviour.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-lid-is-closed

Bree, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

1. How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed? - Similar Threads - disable mouse lid

2. How to disable sounds when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable sounds when lid is closed: Recently, my laptop has continued playing sounds notifications, songs, etc after I close the lid which was not happening before. The fans also continue running while the lid is closed instead of turning off after a few seconds like before. I did not change any settings that...
  3. How to disable sounds when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable sounds when lid is closed: Recently, my laptop has continued playing sounds notifications, songs, etc after I close the lid which was not happening before. The fans also continue running while the lid is closed instead of turning off after a few seconds like before. I did not change any settings that...
  4. disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop: I need help disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop. I am using windows 11 and I am using the hp 14 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-lid-detection-when-you-close-the-lid-of/5fdf5007-2217-4647-850c-ccec6ded4c7e
  5. disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop: I need help disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop. I am using windows 11 and I am using the hp 14 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-lid-detection-when-you-close-the-lid-of/5fdf5007-2217-4647-850c-ccec6ded4c7e
  6. How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?: I set my laptop to stay on, when I close the lid. However with a closed lid, I am still able to use the mouse. I can even draw something in Paint although I don't see it, which is odd.I would like to disable some input devices, when the lid is closed and no external monitor...
  7. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  8. Disable password when laptop lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable password when laptop lid is closed: Buna ziua. Vreau sa dezactivez parola din modul inchis sau repaus. Am incercat cu win+R dar am creat un cont nou si nici pe acesta nu mai stiu sa il sterg. Ajutor , va rog! Moderator Translated from Romanian: Hello. I want to disable the password in closed or sleep mode....
  9. HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed: HDMI Audio for some reason decides to disable itself when the lid is closed. i have it connected to my TV with an HDMI cable. when the lid is OPEN, audio is routed to the TV as its supposed to be. but when i close the lid, it forces the audio to switch back to the internal...
  10. HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDMI Audio disables itself when lid is closed: HDMI Audio for some reason decides to disable itself when the lid is closed. i have it connected to my TV with an HDMI cable. when the lid is OPEN, audio is routed to the TV as its supposed to be. but when i close the lid, it forces the audio to switch back to the internal...