Windows 10: How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10, or customize it? That banner/notification that show volume and music currently playing that appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rimonier, Oct 9, 2019.

1. rimonier Win User

How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10?

How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10, or customize it?

That banner/notification that show volume and music currently playing that appear when I press a multimídia key.

:)

rimonier, Oct 9, 2019

2. Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Print Banner

Hi Terri,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Is the computer is connected to any domain network?
    • Is the printer is connected locally with the system or shared printer through network?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Devices and Printers.
    • Right-click the printer you want to manage, and then click Printer properties. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Disable banner sheet - in Printing Defaults (Advanced tab in printer properties).
    • Also uncheck "Enable advanced printing features".
    Please get back to us with the above information to help you further.

Darshan J, Oct 9, 2019
  4. How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10?

How to disable the multimedia keys on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to disable the multimedia keys of the keyboard.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

• Click the "Control Panel" button from "Start" menu and double-click "Keyboard" application.
    • Click the "Hardware" tab in the "Properties" window.
    • Click the check box next to option "Enable multimedia buttons and onscreen display" to un-check the option.
    • Click "Apply" button to apply the changes and then click "OK" button to exit "Keyboard Properties" window.
    • Restart computer for the changes to take effect.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10?

1. How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable multimedia banner

2. Multimedia Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multimedia Devices: I sheepishly admit that for lo these many years, I have never paid much attention to the listing of "Multimedia Devices" in the "Devices and Printers" listing under Control Panel. Now, however, it matters. I need to know exactly what these icons represent. I've always used...
  3. Multimedia Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multimedia Keys: Hello! I have the All In One Media keyboard and I want to disable the multimedia keys (like the home button, the music button and the explorer button) so I can use them for something else. How do I do it? I can't find any way....
  4. Banners from Microsoft on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Banners from Microsoft on Windows 10: Everytime I try to get on my browser I get these annoying banners that pop out in the middle of the right hand side of the screen that tells me how to record something or how to broadcast something. Ive turned off every notification possible yet they still appear. The...
  5. How to disable/remove the volume popup banner.

How to disable/remove the volume popup banner.: [ATTACH] I'd like to now how to remove this banner from appearing in the top left of my screen, its annoying and irrelevant to me, making it an eyesore as it stays there obxiously for 7-10 seconds whenever I adjust my audio on almost anything that is playing sound. I...
  6. Sound Banner

Sound Banner: Whenever I increase my volume now this appears. How do I remove the chrome.exe sound banner? It never used to appear before.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-banner/f59af005-9775-4060-bfec-0e58e1ef2cd9
  7. How to remove wireless projection banner

How to remove wireless projection banner: Windows 10, version 1809 introduced a new "Wireless Projection Banner". Can I remove it from the desktop screen? I want to remove it because it pops-up when I touch the tab in the browser. Thank you...
  8. how to delete all multimedia devices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete all multimedia devices?: [ATTACH] it may be a share problem in LAN. 1.how to stop automatic add unknown devices? 2.it can be delete one by one,how to delete all devices in convenient ways?it affect me to use bluetooth devices. thanks for answer my question!...
  9. How to disable Action Center but still get Banners

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Action Center but still get Banners: Hello Everybody. I wish to everybody a fantastic 2019. I bought a new Notebook. With that I got Windows 10. Before I only used Windows 7. I'm almost done with the configuration on Win10. There is one thing left which bugs me. There at the right bottom is the icon for the...
  10. How do I disable music banner?

How do I disable music banner?: Hi, I wanted to know if there's any way I could disable the music banner thats keep showing when I play or pause the songs on the top left corner on the screen. It gets really annoying when I'm scrolling through songs and those banners aren't going away blocking whatever...