Windows 10: How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10, or customize it? That banner/notification that show volume and music currently playing that appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rimonier, Oct 9, 2019.

1. rimonier Win User

How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10?

How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10, or customize it?

That banner/notification that show volume and music currently playing that appear when I press a multimídia key.

:)

rimonier, Oct 9, 2019

2. Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Print Banner

Hi Terri,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Is the computer is connected to any domain network?
    • Is the printer is connected locally with the system or shared printer through network?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Devices and Printers.
    • Right-click the printer you want to manage, and then click Printer properties. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Disable banner sheet - in Printing Defaults (Advanced tab in printer properties).
    • Also uncheck "Enable advanced printing features".
    Please get back to us with the above information to help you further.

Darshan J, Oct 9, 2019
  4. How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10?

How to disable the multimedia keys on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to disable the multimedia keys of the keyboard.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

• Click the "Control Panel" button from "Start" menu and double-click "Keyboard" application.
    • Click the "Hardware" tab in the "Properties" window.
    • Click the check box next to option "Enable multimedia buttons and onscreen display" to un-check the option.
    • Click "Apply" button to apply the changes and then click "OK" button to exit "Keyboard Properties" window.
    • Restart computer for the changes to take effect.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10?

1. How to disable the multimedia banner on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable multimedia banner

2. Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner: Windows 11 Pro.I have disabled the phone link notifications in Windows and have turned offnotification banners on my pcmy notificatiosn in the phone link feature feedshow badge on task barBut the banner still pops up and stays overlayed over all other apps.Please expain how...
  3. Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner: Windows 11 Pro.I have disabled the phone link notifications in Windows and have turned offnotification banners on my pcmy notificatiosn in the phone link feature feedshow badge on task barBut the banner still pops up and stays overlayed over all other apps.Please expain how...
  4. Can't find how to disable function/multimedia keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find how to disable function/multimedia keys.: Hi, I'm having some issues with my function hotkeys, in games like Minecraft, I need to use hotkeys life F3 + G/H and so forth. Problem is that Fn + G/H controls the volume, making it unable to use those controls in-game. I've looked around everywhere, cannot find a proper...
  5. Can't find how to disable function/multimedia keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find how to disable function/multimedia keys.: Hi, I'm having some issues with my function hotkeys, in games like Minecraft, I need to use hotkeys life F3 + G/H and so forth. Problem is that Fn + G/H controls the volume, making it unable to use those controls in-game. I've looked around everywhere, cannot find a proper...
  6. DISABLE the Settings Header Banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISABLE the Settings Header Banner: To disable the Settings Header Banner 1. Download the proper Mach2 file here: Releases . riverar/mach2 . GitHub 2. Open the zip file and place: mach2.exe and msdia140.dll on your desktop. 3. Open a command prompt as Admin. 4. Type: cd C:\Users\<user name>\Desktop [where...
  7. Disable the media pop up banner on Windows 10?

Disable the media pop up banner on Windows 10?: I have seen this question asked many times, and every time the Microsoft helper just says it's Chrome. It is not Chrome. I already have disabled the Chrome banner. I am still getting the banner pop up for discord and other programs that play audio/video. I like the small...
  8. How to disable/remove the volume popup banner.

How to disable/remove the volume popup banner.: [ATTACH] I'd like to now how to remove this banner from appearing in the top left of my screen, its annoying and irrelevant to me, making it an eyesore as it stays there obxiously for 7-10 seconds whenever I adjust my audio on almost anything that is playing sound. I...
  9. How to disable Action Center but still get Banners

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Action Center but still get Banners: Hello Everybody. I wish to everybody a fantastic 2019. I bought a new Notebook. With that I got Windows 10. Before I only used Windows 7. I'm almost done with the configuration on Win10. There is one thing left which bugs me. There at the right bottom is the icon for the...
  10. How do I disable music banner?

How do I disable music banner?: Hi, I wanted to know if there's any way I could disable the music banner thats keep showing when I play or pause the songs on the top left corner on the screen. It gets really annoying when I'm scrolling through songs and those banners aren't going away blocking whatever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable multimedia