Windows 10: how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer

Discus and support how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; SOLVED, THANK YOU. I do not wish to have the added security of having to log in with a PIN every time before I can access the use of my computer, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sidleonard, Oct 20, 2015.

1. how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer

SOLVED, THANK YOU. I do not wish to have the added security of having to log in with a PIN every time before I can access the use of my computer, as was the case with Windows 7. So, I would like to disable this feature. As I am not particularly tech-savvy, I need help from someone who is. Thank you to anyone who can help me with this matter. Sid Leonard

:)

sidleonard, Oct 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 sometime asks PIN, sometime asks PASSWORD, switching is annoying

Microsoft added the PIN to enable quick log in. OK, that's good idea.

Some months ago Windows 10 started to ask sometime (randomly?) for PIN, sometime for PASSWORD; although it is possible to switch to PIN using "log-in options", the necessity to be careful what is Windows actually asking is extremely ANNOYING and completely
    DEVALUES the initial "PIN" idea - to make the log-in EASIER.

I tried the "SFC" system check, I tried to disable / enable PIN possibility, nothing helped.

Please, has anybody resolved this issue?

Martin Vicar, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Can't Sign In using PIN though I have configured it

There may be a conflict between the HP Security Client and Windows 10 that is why you cannot use your PIN as the log in to the computer. We recommend that you disable it to see if you will be able to use your PIN. If you need further instruction on how to
    disable the program, we highly recommend that you visit its developer's website or the forum page of HP. Once you've disabled it, reset your PIN again to see if you'll be able to use it.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Bongo Win User

how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer

Bongo, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer

1. how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer - Similar Threads - disable necessity logging

2. Cannot Log In Using Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  3. Cannot Log In Using Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  4. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer: This AM I went to log into my personal computer and was greeted with a "set a PIN" to logon. I did set a PIN only to find out now I can't log in with my computer password. I need to use the PIN or my Microsoft password.Am I stuck using the PIN or can I get back to using my...
  5. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer: This AM I went to log into my personal computer and was greeted with a "set a PIN" to logon. I did set a PIN only to find out now I can't log in with my computer password. I need to use the PIN or my Microsoft password.Am I stuck using the PIN or can I get back to using my...
  6. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't log on using pin #

Can't log on using pin #: After an automatic update, I can no longer sign on; pin # does not work or email password. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-on-using-pin/e8b51b03-ffae-439c-8097-92d8430ecca9
  8. Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever: I'm using my computers in an isolated environment, so there is absolutely no threat of somebody else accessing my devices. Yet, every time windows starts it prompts me to log in to Microsoft account, after this bugs me to create a PIN. I need a way to disable the PIN...
  9. Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.

Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.: Hi. I just updated my windows 10 last night as it said support for my version of windows 10 was about to run out and I had to restart my computer for updates. No big deal I thought. I let the updates happen. I'm now on version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. First log in, no...
  10. Logging in without using a PIN

Logging in without using a PIN: Is there a way to set Windows up so I don't have to type in my PIN every time I log in? I'm the only one how uses this computer and I'm getting tired of typing in 7 digits every time I want to log in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disbale PIN when logging in computer