Windows 10: How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

Discus and support How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout???? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DavyScript [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/encpik/how_to_disable_the_new_start_menu_flyout/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DavyScript, Jan 11, 2020.

1. How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

/u/DavyScript, Jan 11, 2020

2. How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?

Thanks guys, I got it now. Note that these are NOT your normal flyouts where the whole folder is always cascaded out. These are actually listings of your most recently used clicks on that particular start menu app. I had the options for "store and display recently opened programs/items" turned off. With the options turned on AND clicking on something, I finally would get a caret! One whole item, heh. Not that much of a bother as I can always just click on Control Panel and use the window. Just different from the old start menu recently used listing and the old complete folder submenus. I use Quick Launch Toolbar all the time anyways.

PS I just noticed that the heading of the flyout is named RECENT. That is a clue to what it is for I guess.

How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout???? [​IMG]

How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout???? [​IMG]

John Pombrio, Jan 11, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    [Tip]Classic Shell - Get back classic features of the Windows UI(Classic Start Menu)

This is awesome NT. *Smile How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout???? :) I really missed the flyout menus and the up arrow from XP.

The double Start menu is important to me though and I will switch it back on.

qubit, Jan 11, 2020
  4. How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

Add New User - Win 10

• Login to your existing account.
    • Click the Start button to open your Start menu
    • Click your picture/name at the top of the menu.... does this Start menu flyout list your new account?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

1. How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout???? - Similar Threads - Disable Start Menu

2. The new 22H2 Volume Flyout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new 22H2 Volume Flyout: I just updated to 22H2 of Windows 11. I love the new Flyout for Volume adjustment right above the taskbar. But it seems when I running any games on either full-screen or borderless mode, the flyout cannot be shown above the game window so that I cannot see it.Is there a way...
  3. How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?

in Cortana
    How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?: I'm trying to reinstall start menu and the windows 10 search bar, because I can't type in either my search bar or the file explorer. Most of the fixes I've seen involve using the powershell console and this code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...
  4. Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?: I upgraded from Windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Is there a way to disable the new start menu and revert it back to what it was in version 2004? Thanks 167373
  5. Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable 20H2 new Start Menu?: I upgraded from Windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Is there a way to disable the new start menu and revert it back to what it was in version 2004? Thanks 167373
  6. Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?: When a new program is installed it displays 'New' next to it and next to 'all apps' in the start menu, any way to disable? Thanks 16739
  7. How to disable photo search in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable photo search in the start menu?: Hello, after the recent large windows 10 update, I've noticed now when I search for a program via the "Search Windows" start menu thing in the lower left corner, photos also show up in the results along with the program results even when the name of the photo is not what I...
  8. How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu: Right clicking on start button give acces to all kinds off Tools that i dont want my users to have acces to. I know that i can disable some whit GPO but it there a way to remove the right click on the start button. Thank you 55968
  9. How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?: Folks, I do not show any of the flyouts (the right caret >) on my start menu items like file explorer or Control Panel. I am sure I turned them off somewhere along the way but not sure where. [img] 2120
  10. Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the New OneDrive Flyout Notification in Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is free online storage at OneDrive.com that comes with your Microsoft account. It’s like an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable new markers on start menu