Windows 10: How to disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It seems that the option to prevent lock screen & password is no longer available. Even with no password it still comes up Is this a new "feature"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PhilMcLeod, May 11, 2020.

1. How to disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10

It seems that the option to prevent lock screen & password is no longer available.

Even with no password it still comes up

Is this a new "feature"

:)

PhilMcLeod, May 11, 2020

2. Unable disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the device without entering the password after waking it up from Sleep mode. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what are the steps you have tried to disable the password after waking up the device from sleep mode?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter

Power troubleshooterfind and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search bar on the desktop and press Enter.

• In the Troubleshooting window, click on
      View All on the left pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: Follow the below steps to disable the password.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Power option, click on Require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection on wakeup, check mark the option
      Don't require a password
    • Place the computer in Sleep mode and check if the issue help.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 11, 2020
  3. mrw1986 Win User
    Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

Yep, already did. I do this kind of work in my sleep. Not only are they disabled in the OS, they are disabled in the BIOS as well.

EDIT: I will add that sleep worked perfectly fine in Windows 8.1 before I upgraded to 10. That's why I'm 99.99% convinced it's related to my upgrade and think a clean install will fix it.

mrw1986, May 11, 2020
  4. Chadi Win User

How to disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

How to disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10 [​IMG]

How to disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Chadi, May 11, 2020
Thema:

How to disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10

1. How to disable the password while waking up the device from Sleep mode on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable password while

2. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  3. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  4. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I delayed installing latest updates until yesterday. After doing so it now takes about 30 seconds for screen to turn on after being in sleep mode. Took less than 5 sec. before. What is happening?. Not critical but there appears to be something wrong in latest updates. Are...
  5. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I was playing game in my laptop around one hour after i put my laptop in sleep mode, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP model number is 15-ac119TX and power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the screen remains...
  6. sleep mode not waking up windows 10

sleep mode not waking up windows 10: Hi I changed Windows power settings --> lid closing to Do Nothing, still it goes to sleep whenever I close the lid and not waking up. Always I need to shutdown and restart. : Appreciate your support on this Thanks...
  7. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  8. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode: When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor. ***Original title: monitor dosen't come up after...
  9. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...