Windows 10: How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If your computer is waking up all the time because of the UpdateOrchestrator Service, […] This article How to disable the scheduled Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 20, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 20, 2020
  2. kambei.7s Win User

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, Oct 20, 2020
  3. kambei.7s Win User
    Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

That desktop PC, and with windows 10 1709 Enterprise on it, nothing serious have been tweaked about updates (some tweaks to not install updates automatically in Group Policy) , no Network Domain/AD used. So this is normal? As far I know that Update orchestrator does not used in common editions.

kambei.7s, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Noela Tum Win User

Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Thanks for your reply. To help resolve your concern with the Update Orchestrator, please follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose Update Orchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".
    You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

We're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to disable the scheduled Update Orchestrator scan in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable scheduled Update

2. Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled: I have schedule scan everyday that crashes my latop. When i try to disable the message show: "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task. "And if i click properties and disable then apply, it requires me to enter the password for...
  3. Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Schedule Scan Cannot be modified or disabled: I have schedule scan everyday that crashes my latop. When i try to disable the message show: "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task. "And if i click properties and disable then apply, it requires me to enter the password for...
  4. Scheduled Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scheduled Scan: I want to schedule a weekly scan. But, in Task Scheduler, the choice of scheduling a scan is not present. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-scan/8e1ee21d-0d90-43a0-b464-66635ed32fea
  5. How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? (don't have permission to disable)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? (don't have permission to disable): After running powercfg /requests, it seems that \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is responsible for my computer not being able to sleep/stay asleep. I've located the process to "schedule scan" within the task scheduler, but am unable to disable it...
  6. How to Kill Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Kill Update Orchestrator: I posted this last night when I was woken up by this stupid service but it must have gotten buried. My computer keeps turning on from sleep. This is from the command: powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type:...
  7. how to schedule windows defender scan

how to schedule windows defender scan: How can I schedule a windows defender scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-schedule-windows-defender-scan/1751ff45-23df-4e9e-ba79-2a46a16b7abd
  8. how to schedule a full windows 10 security scan

how to schedule a full windows 10 security scan: I want to schedule a full scan with Windows 10 security, but I don't see any option to do that: [IMG] How to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-schedule-a-full-windows-10-security-scan/a5344ae1-69bc-45c8-b1f3-1046e429766e"
  9. How to schedule Windows defender scan?

How to schedule Windows defender scan?: How to schedule Windows defender scan? It says Search for and open Schedule tasks. Where do I have to search? I found nothing. Do I search in C, windows,...
  10. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled: I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This...