Windows 10: How to disable the start up backup request?

Discus and support How to disable the start up backup request? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've a problem with Windows 11 insistence. When I've installed Win 11, right before loading the desktop on the boot up, I was asked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shotokhan, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Shotokhan Win User

How to disable the start up backup request?

Hi everyone, I've a problem with Windows 11 insistence. When I've installed Win 11, right before loading the desktop on the boot up, I was asked to connect my pc to microsoft cloud maybe OneDrive? to backup every file in my pc. I didnt' want to and I never did. The option I had were to do it or to tell the PC to ask me again in 3 days. I deleted OneDrive and made various changes, I don't remember everything I did but one thing I know for sure is that I deleted or deactivated OneDrive. Anyway I wasn't asked anymore to backup my pc when I turned on my pc for months, until now. It happened to m

:)

Shotokhan, Mar 19, 2023
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• How to disable the start up backup request? [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Mar 19, 2023
  4. How to disable the start up backup request?

Windows Backup Keeps Failing with "The requested system device cannot be found. (0x80073BC3)"

Hi,

As you are facing issues with creating a backup on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to check with the Windows Backup services and their dependencies to start and set it to Automatic and check if it helps.

Make sure the Windows Backup service is started and set to automatic.

Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Windows Backup services
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Also, Click on the Dependencies tab, and check for the services. Start it and set it up to automatic.

Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual.

Try to check the same with Volume Shadow Copy services as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of created a backup on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

How to disable the start up backup request?

1. How to disable the start up backup request? - Similar Threads - disable start backup

2. Windows 10 Pro - How to disable Backup reminder in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro - How to disable Backup reminder in Start Menu?: Dear fellow Windows hostages,I am looking for a solution to disable the constant and annoying back-up reminders that appear on the Start Menu NOT the ones that appear in the Notification Center at the bottom-right next to the clock I already know how to turn those ones off....
  3. How to disable the start up backup request?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the start up backup request?: Hi everyone, I've a problem with Windows 11 insistence. When I've installed Win 11, right before loading the desktop on the boot up, I was asked to connect my pc to microsoft cloud maybe OneDrive? to backup every file in my pc. I didnt' want to and I never did. The option I...
  4. Disable a request

in Cortana
    Disable a request: Tried to get a 2nn email account Failed!! Part of the way there, then a problem. Microsoft said they would send a text to disable set up and return to my original settings, not received. Please how do I contact them as I do not want to lose my Outlook set up?...
  5. How to disable password and pin request?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable password and pin request?: I updated to the latest Windows 10 version 2004. Before this update, I could disable PIN in the settings. But I cannot find this function now. I don’t want to change registry....
  6. Login request while starting, but i disabled that stuff

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login request while starting, but i disabled that stuff: Hope someone can give me a hand here, because it is driving me mad... I live alone, so i don't need a login protection on my pc when started ( stuff like pin, passwort,etc you know the deal...). Lately, it became strange: i didn't change any setings related to this, but...
  7. How to disable requests to set up a PIN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable requests to set up a PIN?: How do I stop the repeated requests for me to establish a PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-disable-requests-to-set-up-a-pin/33e13579-d5be-4f57-90d6-e5653ec60a84
  8. Challenge phase requested on every start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Challenge phase requested on every start up: Hi, someone tried to access my computer a couple of weeks ago now and I am now getting asked to complete a challenge phase every time I start up before I can enter my pin. The fix was listed as ... Press Windows key + R to launch the Run command. Type netplwiz and press...
  9. Bluetooth is Disabled on Start-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is Disabled on Start-up: I have searched other posts but none have fixed the problem. My bluetooth adapter is disabled when I first turn on my computer. I have to go to device manager to enable it. This only started happening recently. I updated the driver a couple of days ago and now it won't...
  10. Disabling start up applications

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling start up applications: My new Windows 10 Pro is now set up and running well. Just one thing I really need to take care of now are the seemingly excessive number of programs that load up, slowing boot time. Things like Acronis (for back ups), Samsung Magician, MSI fast boot software, Ccleaner, Adobe...