Windows 10: How to disable the "type letter" effect?

Discus and support How to disable the "type letter" effect? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Update: I just needed to press F7 to disable it! Curse that F7! *Tongue So recently this 'thing' appeared again and I would like to disable it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Saiyan90, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Saiyan90 Win User

How to disable the "type letter" effect?

Update: I just needed to press F7 to disable it! Curse that F7! *Tongue

So recently this 'thing' appeared again and I would like to disable it because it's kind of annoying seeing it on non-typeable places.

Here's a screenshot:

How to disable the "type letter" effect? [​IMG]

:)

Saiyan90, Apr 5, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Apr 5, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Apr 5, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

That is the image you will see when you open IE11 with google as your homepage and default search engine.

That is exactly what I get.
    What's wrong with that ? You can't change that.
    Maybe I don't understand what you said ?

How to disable the "type letter" effect? [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 5, 2016
  5. Saiyan90 Win User
    It's that black vertical line that's on the bottom right of the Google picture which shouldn't be there, or anywhere unless I were to be actually typing anything.

Saiyan90, Apr 5, 2016
  6. Do you use a native resolution and/or scaling?

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2016
  7. Saiyan90 Win User
    Native.

The animation keeps popping on and off as if I were to type anything. Isn't there a way to disable it?

Saiyan90, Apr 5, 2016
  8. Saiyan90 Win User

This seems to be an issue with Firefox because the other browsers work perfectly without this problem-thingy so I'll just mark it here as 'Solved'.

Saiyan90, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable the "type letter" effect? - Similar Threads - disable type letter

2. Microsoft word won't type letters

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft word won't type letters: I cannot type in Microsoft word. My laptop won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-wont-type-letters/91fe049b-99b5-41eb-bc7c-ded8f1a9aee7
  3. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters: Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results....
  4. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...
  5. typing and getting wrong letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing and getting wrong letters: This a brand new computer. When I hit the top Question mark key, it goes to windows startup. When I hit the bottom question slash key I get an e with a line on top of it. When I use forward slash key, I get the same letter as a Capital letter...
  6. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...
  7. letter "i" continuously typed automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    letter "i" continuously typed automatically: Hi, Am using HP 15-f039 wm and facing an issue of key "i" continuously typed automatically and not able to stop it. Contacted Microsft support and asked me to follow the below step. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows...
  8. Keyboard is typing two letters at once.

Keyboard is typing two letters at once.: Hi, Yesterday I was sitting on laptop and my keyboard started acting up really weirdly. My keyboard started typing two letters at once except for C, X, B , N, M and Z. If I typed Q then 2Q would come up, H would then be YH, and so on ... Do you know what made my...
  9. Disable blur effect - not transparency

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable blur effect - not transparency: Is there a way in Windows 10 to disable the blur effect but keep the transparency. (I know there was one in the early builds of Windows 10 when Microsoft was testing the blur effect. ) 31621
  10. Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed?

Letters not appearing simultaneously when typed?: Don't know if this is a hardware or computer problem, but think it is computer performance related problem. I have been using a MS Arc keyboard for the last three years with no problems until the last several months. Often times when the computer is first booted up, and for a...