Windows 10: How to disable the Windows 10 language shortcut?

Discus and support How to disable the Windows 10 language shortcut? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; By playing games or using applications, sometimes I press 'Left alt + Shift' 'Ctrl + Shift' often. How would I go about disabling the shortcut?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AsteckS, Nov 17, 2020.

1. AsteckS Win User

How to disable the Windows 10 language shortcut?

By playing games or using applications, sometimes I press 'Left alt + Shift' 'Ctrl + Shift' often. How would I go about disabling the shortcut?

:)

AsteckS, Nov 17, 2020

2. Windows automatically disabling language shortcuts

I found some steps here that have been suggested in the past. I suggest you check the link, Monica has great screenshots covering all of the steps for her suggestion.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.

Choose Control Panel.

Under View by, select Small icon.

Click Language.

On the left side, choose Advance settings.

Click Save.

Restart your computer.

Windows Key + Space key = Changes language/keyboard pairs.

Alt + Shift = Change Language.

Ctrl + Shift = Changes keyboard.

JustinRiley, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I'd like to disable Skype and all the crap that I don't need in windows 10. I've gone through the settings and removed it from the optional program list but I still see Skype and some other executables or processes running in task manager , i'm sure there's a way

jboydgolfer, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to disable the Windows 10 language shortcut? - Similar Threads - disable language shortcut

2. Disable Shortcuts for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Shortcuts for Windows 10: Hello :I'm in a bit of a problem and I hope somone can help.The keybord I have is extremly senitive, and sometimes I happen to press a key which I didn't intented.But sometimes strange shortcuts actives, such as "Narator Dialog" and sometimes it changes the keyboard keys and...
  3. Disable Shortcuts for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Shortcuts for Windows 10: Hello :I'm in a bit of a problem and I hope somone can help.The keybord I have is extremly senitive, and sometimes I happen to press a key which I didn't intented.But sometimes strange shortcuts actives, such as "Narator Dialog" and sometimes it changes the keyboard keys and...
  4. Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages: Hi, I'm on Windows 11 and recently noticed the shortcut "Windows + Space Bar" will switch between my computer's languages and keyboard layout. Shortcut used to be ALT + Shift and could be disabled by going into Time & Language > Typing > Advanced keyboard settings > Language...
  5. Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages: Hi, I'm on Windows 11 and recently noticed the shortcut "Windows + Space Bar" will switch between my computer's languages and keyboard layout. Shortcut used to be ALT + Shift and could be disabled by going into Time & Language > Typing > Advanced keyboard settings > Language...
  6. Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?: Thanks so much. submitted by /u/MrbadboySNIPEOG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn6yj6/is_there_a_way_to_disable_the_shortcut_to_switch/
  7. How to disable shortcuts?

How to disable shortcuts?: Often, when I use photoshop, I press Shift & Alt at the same time but I don’t want to change the keyboard-layout from EU to US... submitted by /u/ksm-hh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iklvfb/how_to_disable_shortcuts/
  8. How to disable a shortcut?

How to disable a shortcut?: So as the title says how do I disable keyboard shortcuts, the problem I have is I very often press some buttons while gaming and that creates a new desktop. It takes a while to get back to my main desktop submitted by /u/Voldiz [link] [comments]...
  9. How to disable windows keyboard shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable windows keyboard shortcuts.: Hi i had an issue with my color but it was from pressing a keyboard shortcut and its now fixed. But i was wanting to know if there was any way to disable the keyboard shortcuts so i didnt run into this problem again. Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  10. How can I disable the WIN-Space shortcut for switching languages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the WIN-Space shortcut for switching languages?: I frequently hit the WIN-Space key combo by mistake. How can I disable this key combo which switches from the ENG DVORAK to the ENG US keyboard setup? Thanks, Russ P....