Windows 10: How to disable the Windows Help Key (F1)

Discus and support How to disable the Windows Help Key (F1) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way I can disable the help hotkey on my keyboard? I play a lot of games that require this shortcut and am tired of having to press the fn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gmd335, Feb 19, 2019.

1. gmd335 Win User

How to disable the Windows Help Key (F1)

Is there any way I can disable the help hotkey on my keyboard? I play a lot of games that require this shortcut and am tired of having to press the fn key before I hit F1 every time so that the windows support webpage doesn't pop up and force my game to minimize while Edge loads the webpage that I definitely did not need to visit.

:)

gmd335, Feb 19, 2019

2. How to disable F1 key

How to disable F1 Help key?... Nobody since the dawn of the time, and I mean nobody, EVER needed to press that freaking key to get help. NOBODY!!!! And everytime someone presses to that damn key accidentally curses to the parents of those who invented that
    F1 key (which is avarage 1000 cursing people per minute around the world)..

Windows, for goodness sake, tell me how to disable this cursed key... And make it "optional" for next versions of windows and see how many people will choose to shortcut help to F1. (Clue: NOBODY!!!!!!!)

how can I cancel that F1...

ÖzelCOŞKUNER, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Anyone know how to disable F1's thing?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Which game are you referring to?

The function keys can’t be disabled on Windows. I would suggest you to try and change the controller settings of the game and reassign the F1 Key to a different key.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 19, 2019
  4. How to disable the Windows Help Key (F1)

Disable f1 How to get Help in Windows 10

hello Minater247

If you want to disable the F1 helps function follow below steps.

Create a restore point.

start > run > regedit

search for this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\HELPCTR.EXE

Double click on Default and change the path to any dummy executable that does nothing.

Click ok and restart.

if that option didn't work

read that link please

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-f1-ke...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Pedro V Flores, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

How to disable the Windows Help Key (F1)

1. How to disable the Windows Help Key (F1) - Similar Threads - disable Help Key

2. How does one disable F1 help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does one disable F1 help?: On my new laptop, the F1 key opens Edge to bing searching for getting help with Windows 11. Is there any way that I can change this behavior or disable it completely, it has caused several issues mostly from trying to hit escape and instead hitting F1, just for it to open...
  3. How does one disable F1 help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does one disable F1 help?: On my new laptop, the F1 key opens Edge to bing searching for getting help with Windows 11. Is there any way that I can change this behavior or disable it completely, it has caused several issues mostly from trying to hit escape and instead hitting F1, just for it to open...
  4. Disable FN keys so they work as normal F1-F12 keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable FN keys so they work as normal F1-F12 keys: Hello. I have the new Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse. I play games and need my F1-F12 keys. Currently I have to press FN then the F1-12 keys to get what I want. This can be a headache as playing a game is time sensetive. I trtied pressing FN key does not...
  5. How to disable the F1 Help key in Windows 10 to avoid accidental Help

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the F1 Help key in Windows 10 to avoid accidental Help: [ATTACH]The Function Keys (F1 to F12) on the Windows keyboard have specifically assigned roles. […] This article How to disable the F1 Help key in Windows 10 to avoid accidental Help first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. F1 key to F12 key is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F1 key to F12 key is not working: Good evening! May I know why is my F1 key to F12 key is not working? Thank you ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-key-to-f12-key-is-not-working/e5e086aa-c535-4f10-8cd6-d5fcb21afe50
  7. Disabling sleep key F1 while playing World of Warcraft?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling sleep key F1 while playing World of Warcraft?: I've disabled the sleep key from my power settings already and set it to do nothing. I've tested it and when I'm regularly using my computer using word or on chrome it works fine and does nothing. But whenever I'm playing a game like WoW it all of sudden starts working again....
  8. Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...: Please Help I have tried everything including gpedit.msc but i just want to use F1-F12 keys for gaming, but its only works when i press fn key I cannot maintain playing video game and press fn key everytime....
  9. How to Disable Mediabuttons and use the regular F1-F12 keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Mediabuttons and use the regular F1-F12 keys: Heey everyone! I have been struggling to use my F1-F12 keys as the buttons were set to default on mediasettings. This meant that in my case, F1 would mute/unmute, F2 would lower the volume etc. Now I like to play some games in which the F1-F12 keys are very important so...
  10. Fn key and F1-F12 keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key and F1-F12 keys: 1. Previous versions of Win 10 and Office 365 allowed me to make keyboard shortcuts eg F2 = â, F2+Shift = ä, F2+Ctrl = é ... and F3 = ê, F2=Shift = ë etc. Currently the F1 - F12 keys are useless except for the functions showed by symbols (Sleep, Airplane mode on/off, etc)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable f1 help key

2. how to disable f1 help key

3. windows disable help key

4. how to disable f1 shortcut,
  5. disable f1 help windows 10,
  6. disable win f1 global shortcut,
  7. how to disable help key,
  8. how to dsiable f1,
  9. windows disable f1 help key,
  10. disable windows help f1,
  11. how to disable F1 key,