Windows 10: How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked)

Discus and support How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So how to disable that . U guys say that just check unblock button and fone but if i i ha too many files what can i do and yes i dont need powershell... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BhaiBhai1, Jun 6, 2019.

1. BhaiBhai1 Win User

How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked)

So how to disable that . U guys say that just check unblock button and fone but if i i ha too many files what can i do and yes i dont need powershell option and any third party option . And i accidentally installed one app before unbloking it .now my task manger regedit cmd not opening without running them as admin. Plz help

:)

BhaiBhai1, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

It says 'might be blocked', not 'always blocked'. Depends on what it is and what you try to do with it - opening a text file is unlikely to be blocked, but running a .exe may well be. You downloaded it so as a precaution it's marked as 'came from another computer'. It's easy enough to remove the blocking if you trust the file to be safe.

Unblock File in Windows 10

Bree, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Secrios Win User
    This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

I recently found out that some of the files around my computer have the following message in their properties, "This file came from another computer and might be blocked".

Does this mean that these files are slower to load or even impossible to access in some contexts? I can open these files like any other but if this feature is blocking their potential in some way, I'd like to know.

What does this all mean?

Secrios, Jun 6, 2019
  4. reddice Win User

Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer.

I fixed it. After much Googling I found this post.
    It did not help much at first because it did not say what key you needed for SaveZoneInformation but after trying all of them DWORD 32 bit Value data 1 Hexadecimal worked. I am now going to export this key and back it up so if I have to reinstall windows at anytime I don't have to waste 2 hours trying to figure it out again.

Update: Chrome was still blocking files so I did a restart now Chrome is no longer blocking files.

Anyway thanks for your help even though I have not been in the greatest mood. You are all great.

reddice, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1. How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked) - Similar Threads - Disable File came

2. how to access a file on another computer on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to access a file on another computer on my network: how to access a file on another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-a-file-on-another-computer-on-my/e78a8b3e-f5d5-478a-a12f-1fe718d68b4a
  3. laptop connects with another computer and need disabling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    laptop connects with another computer and need disabling: idk how, but my laptop not only connects to another computer, but also shares options with it as well. say I changed my background picture, the background picture will appear on another computer as well. the computer and the laptop act as two different devices though. I need...
  4. how to work on a file from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to work on a file from one computer to another: How do I work on the same files on two computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-work-on-a-file-from-one-computer-to-another/78eb4d25-b8d4-4fad-9293-6cac4c5c8797
  5. These files might be harmful to your computer

These files might be harmful to your computer: I transferred some of my files from my phone to my hard drive, but once I sorted and transferred those files to the folders a warning always shows up. No virus or anything on my Windows 10 laptop and this warning is already grating on my nerves. What can I do about it? Thanks...
  6. How do I reset a computer that came with 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I reset a computer that came with 8?: The computer I have loads with 10, but when I bought it what was installed was 8 although I upgraded to 10 but I want to know how do get it back to how it was when I acquired it while keeping 10 on there. 113185
  7. These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop)

These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop): Hi. Over the last week or so, I am being prompted with this error message on my desktop when I either drag a item to the recycle bin or go to open my user folder on the desktop. I have run anti-virus and malware scans and this isn't solving the problem. It doesn't do this...
  8. This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

in Windows 10 Support
    This file came from another computer and might be blocked?: I recently found out that some of the files around my computer have the following message in their properties, "This file came from another computer and might be blocked". Does this mean that these files are slower to load or even impossible to access in some contexts? I...
  9. Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer.: I am just going to say up front that I don't have the Pro version of Windows 10 so I have no Group Policy Editor otherwise I would have fixed this problem in less than a minute instead of wasting over a hour trying to fix this. I want to disable this on the screenshot for...
  10. Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Downloaded Files from being Blocked in Windows: Unfortunately the link to Option 2 (under Contents) doesn't work. It looks like Option 2 doesn't have the <a name="option2"></a> html tag set (and it's displaying as Option 1 instead of Option 2). Hope this helps... 85418