Windows 10: How to disable TLS 1.0 in Windows 10

Discus and support How to disable TLS 1.0 in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]TLS or Transport Layer Security is a Cryptographic Protocol and is used to secure computer networking. However, we have seen the advancement of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to disable TLS 1.0 in Windows 10

How to disable TLS 1.0 in Windows 10 disable-TLS.jpg
    TLS or Transport Layer Security is a Cryptographic Protocol and is used to secure computer networking. However, we have seen the advancement of this protocol and after so many iterations using TSL 1.0 for security isn’t a good idea. In this article, we are going to see how to disable TLS 1.0 in Windows 10. […]

This article How to disable TLS 1.0 in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 14, 2021
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 support will be discontinued on September 24, 2020

Source:
    See also: TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default in Microsoft Edge

Brink, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Check DNS settings for both network adapters. Your Wifi might be set to use a different DNS server.

Getting message when trying to connect - Windows 10 Forums

Option Two follow steps then pick a DNS server from the list in item 7. Personally I use CloudFlare DNS

EDIT: Reset router first as already suggested.

Callender, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. How to disable TLS 1.0 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable TLS

2. How do I disable predictive text on Windows 10? Typing in "Auto Correct Off" does nothing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable predictive text on Windows 10? Typing in "Auto Correct Off" does nothing.: How do I disable predictive text from my emails in Windows 10? Nothing happens when I type in "Auto Complete" in the search bar. No predictive text category in the "Typing" bar, only Auto Correct....
  3. Bio sensor drivers being disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bio sensor drivers being disabled: Hello, I have started to notice that the Bio sensors for fingerprint readers are being disabled inside smartphones for Microsoft Authenticator, and now within Windows 10 the driver is being disabled and deleted. Now the fingerprint works because the laptop must use this to...
  4. How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup: [ATTACH]ActoTray.exe is a service from Adobe Acrobat used for various purposes, including monitoring genuine use of the Adobe Software. However, because the service keeps running in the background, it slows down the Windows Startup and makes PC slow as it takes up CPU...
  5. Disable Windows Defender Permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Windows Defender Permanently: Unlike most reasons for shutting off Defender mine is different. I am using a program called CNC12 from Centroid. Defender running in the background causes errors in the machining process. I cannot install any other antivirus software because it will cause the same issues. I...
  6. How to turn off Precision touchpad multi-touch for a disabled user?

How to turn off Precision touchpad multi-touch for a disabled user?: Greetings everyone,I am working with a guy who is paralyzed and cannot use his fingers or wrist. His older laptop did not have a precision touchpad, and he was able to move the mouse by moving his fingers over the touchpad. This older laptop did not detect multiple fingers;...
  7. How to disable auto-switching of desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto-switching of desktops: [ATTACH] On windows 10 when you press control + win + right/left arrow it switches to another desktop like the picture below, however when I have a game or an program running on another desktop and when it finishes running it automatically switches back to another desktop....
  8. Error 52 even after disabling driver signing checks

Error 52 even after disabling driver signing checks: So I want to permanently disable the driver sign checks for which I've run bcdedit /set testsigning offbcdedit /set nointegritychecks onrestarted pc and my intell wireless bluetooth driver and xbox controller adapters are still giving me error code 52this doesnt happen when i...
  9. TLS 1.2 setting in Internet Explorer is being disabled each time I restart PC. Solutions ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TLS 1.2 setting in Internet Explorer is being disabled each time I restart PC. Solutions ?: Any way to enable it permanently ? submitted by /u/talvins [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht0j67/tls_12_setting_in_internet_explorer_is_being/
  10. TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default in Microsoft Edge: As announced in October of 2018, Microsoft will soon disable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 by default in Microsoft browsers. In light of current global circumstances, we will be postponing this planned change—originally scheduled for the first half of...