Windows 10: How to disable to show Asterisk in Notepad windows title bar for unsaved Notepad File ?

Discus and support How to disable to show Asterisk in Notepad windows title bar for unsaved Notepad File ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After windows 10 update, it will show * "Asterisk" in Notepad windows title bar for unsaved Notepad File. How to disable it ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaxTseng, Dec 10, 2019.

1. MaxTseng Win User

How to disable to show Asterisk in Notepad windows title bar for unsaved Notepad File ?

After windows 10 update, it will show * "Asterisk" in Notepad windows title bar for unsaved Notepad File.
    How to disable it ?

:)

MaxTseng, Dec 10, 2019
  2. SamW.2 Win User

Asterisk in Title of Untitled Notepad File

Recently I opened a new Notepad file. While working in that unsaved file I noticed something odd I hadn't ever noticed before in the more than 20 years of my experience with personal and professional computing, an asterisk was showing in the Title bar of
    the window in front of the word, Untitled. When I saved the document, the asterisk did not carry over into the new document name.

When I opened a new Notepad file, there was no asterisk in the Title bar until I added text to the document. My obvious question is why is this showing up? And, if this is a function of Microsoft, how long has this been something of a Microsoft feature
    and why? Or, could this at all be an indication of the presence of malware?

SamW.2, Dec 10, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Asterisk in Title of Untitled Notepad File

Hi SamW

That is one of the additions introduced in version 1903 of Windows 10, the asterisk indicates an unsaved file.

Also even after you save that file, once you make more changes to the document, the asterisk will re-appear to indicate unsaved changes to the document, the asterisk will never appear in the file name . . .

DaveM121, Dec 10, 2019
  4. How to disable to show Asterisk in Notepad windows title bar for unsaved Notepad File ?

notepad

1. Go to Start or Run (windows+R)
    2. Under the search bar, key in Appdata
    3. Click Enter to direct to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming
    4. At the right search bar, type filename of lost text and notepad file...

Thanks...

kadeen_live, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

How to disable to show Asterisk in Notepad windows title bar for unsaved Notepad File ?

1. How to disable to show Asterisk in Notepad windows title bar for unsaved Notepad File ? - Similar Threads - disable show Asterisk

2. How to recover unsaved notepad files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover unsaved notepad files?: I had a notepad file that I've been adding to and saving all that while. Until today, when I clicked out of it without saving the latest version. How do I recover what was written on it? Thanks to everyone for the help in advance :...
  3. How to recover unsaved notepad files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover unsaved notepad files?: I had a notepad file that I've been adding to and saving all that while. Until today, when I clicked out of it without saving the latest version. How do I recover what was written on it? Thanks to everyone for the help in advance :...
  4. How to restore unsaved file on Notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore unsaved file on Notepad?: My laptop was shut down unintentionally because of low battery and I have not saved my on-going note on Notepad. Can I restore it? I can not find any temporary data on AppData inside my laptop...
  5. How to restore unsaved file on Notepad?

How to restore unsaved file on Notepad?: My laptop was shut down unintentionally because of low battery and I have not saved my on-going note on Notepad. Can I restore it? I can not find any temporary data on AppData inside my laptop...
  6. how recover unsaved file in notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how recover unsaved file in notepad: my laptop automatically turned off and my file was gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-recover-unsaved-file-in-notepad/dc392907-f29e-4d06-a07e-a6e0479e6f94
  7. how recover unsaved file in notepad

how recover unsaved file in notepad: my laptop automatically turned off and my file was gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-recover-unsaved-file-in-notepad/dc392907-f29e-4d06-a07e-a6e0479e6f94
  8. how recover unsaved file in notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Recover Unsaved Notepad Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Unsaved Notepad Files: I had about three Notepad files open on my laptop with lots of random notes for work, then my laptop went blue screen "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart." and I lost everything. I've tried looking in the %appdata% folder for .txt files and all I can see are...
  10. Asterisk in Title of Untitled Notepad File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asterisk in Title of Untitled Notepad File: Recently I opened a new Notepad file. While working in that unsaved file I noticed something odd I hadn't ever noticed before in the more than 20 years of my experience with personal and professional computing, an asterisk was showing in the Title bar of the window in front...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ASTERISK APPEARS ON NOTEPAD TITLE BAR

2. windows 10 asterisk disable

3. how to recover the * asterics indicator of unsaved notepad file