Windows 10: How to disable Top Apps from the Windows Start Menu

Discus and support How to disable Top Apps from the Windows Start Menu in Cortana to solve the problem; I find it extremely irritating and don't want everyone seeing which Apps I use the most often. Steps to replicate: PRESSKEY WINDOWS TYPE String... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ihopethisdisplaynameisn't, Jan 31, 2021.

1. How to disable Top Apps from the Windows Start Menu

I find it extremely irritating and don't want everyone seeing which Apps I use the most often.

Steps to replicate:

1. PRESSKEY WINDOWS
    2. TYPE String
    3. DELETE String

Thanks in advance!

:)

Ihopethisdisplaynameisn't, Jan 31, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. How to disable Top Apps from the Windows Start Menu

Slartybart, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

How to disable Top Apps from the Windows Start Menu

1. How to disable Top Apps from the Windows Start Menu - Similar Threads - disable Top Apps

2. how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off: so wanted to remove the top apps from the search menu and I turned it off in the settings but it didn't work how to I stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-the-top-apps-from-the-start-menu-off/7867171e-6895-4e0a-8638-7825b41ee0e3
  3. how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off: so wanted to remove the top apps from the search menu and I turned it off in the settings but it didn't work how to I stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-the-top-apps-from-the-start-menu-off/7867171e-6895-4e0a-8638-7825b41ee0e3
  4. How do I clear the "top apps" from the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I clear the "top apps" from the Start Menu?: Hello, when I open the search box, I see this: [ATTACH] Those apps have been here a pretty long time, and I very rarely use Edge too. Is there a way to change it or clear it?...
  5. How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?

in Cortana
    How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?: I'm trying to reinstall start menu and the windows 10 search bar, because I can't type in either my search bar or the file explorer. Most of the fixes I've seen involve using the powershell console and this code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...
  6. Search menu on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  7. Search on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search on top of start menu: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/k319520u7y351.png?width=825&format=png&auto=webp&s=b67f7e8bf716295108cea35e733f61d71873f6d1 After updating to the latest version of windows 10 (2004) through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does...
  8. How to disable Top Apps in Cortana

in Cortana
    How to disable Top Apps in Cortana: When I click the Cortana search bar, the expected menu appears. At the top it says, "Top Apps" with four applications listed under it. How do I disable this from appearing? On the Windows 10 with the May 2019 update....
  9. Start menu "Top Apps" Remove

in Cortana
    Start menu "Top Apps" Remove: Hello All, Currently on build 2019.07.30.2227780 and would like to know if there is a way to remove the "Top Apps" from the start menu search bar (Press Start, Enter something to search on, Delete said search, will then display the "Top Apps"). Seems odd to have this show as...
  10. disable start bar on top

in Windows 10 Support
    disable start bar on top: how do i disable start bar being on top in windows and anywhere else? 72550