Windows 10: How to disable Top Apps in the search box

Discus and support How to disable Top Apps in the search box in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable the top apps from the Windows 10 search box? It isn't even accurate, it leaves apps up there I've used once. I'm not trying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RageQuitCamper, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How to disable Top Apps in the search box

Is there a way to disable the top apps from the Windows 10 search box?

It isn't even accurate, it leaves apps up there I've used once. I'm not trying to be negative, but I believe there is no way to disable it. I've tried through the registry and using Powershell scripts. Nothing works, and it ruins the privacy on our public computers at our site. Someone used games on one of the PCs without permission. Now those game shortcuts are stuck in the Top Apps section. So the kids are always looking for the games that aren't there. The software we put on the PCs to monitor student activities is now trapped in the Top Apps section of all of our computers. It's a nightmare, to the point we have to wipe the computers and start fresh, when certain programs get stuck on the Top Apps section.

:)

RageQuitCamper, Nov 8, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2019
  4. How to disable Top Apps in the search box

How to disable Top Apps in Cortana

When I click the Cortana search bar, the expected menu appears. At the top it says, "Top Apps" with four applications listed under it. How do I disable this from appearing?

On the Windows 10 with the May 2019 update.

RageQuitCamper, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How to disable Top Apps in the search box

1. How to disable Top Apps in the search box - Similar Threads - disable Top Apps

2. disabling automatic search when typing in search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disabling automatic search when typing in search box: Windows File Explorer is now automatically searching when you start typing in the search box. Previously, it would only search after you pressed enter. However, after the latest update, you cannot disable this feature. Even if you change the radio button selection under...
  3. disabling automatic search when typing in search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling automatic search when typing in search box: Windows File Explorer is now automatically searching when you start typing in the search box. Previously, it would only search after you pressed enter. However, after the latest update, you cannot disable this feature. Even if you change the radio button selection under...
  4. disabling automatic search when typing in search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removeal of the top search bar/box .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removeal of the top search bar/box .: Still cannot remove the top search bar/box . Instructions given do not work, I have a Dell computer. Can will someone please help and me remove this ungainly top search bar*moved from Community Participation Center...
  6. How to disable recent files in search box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable recent files in search box: Further to Duavago's question and solution here where he found how to disable the app history within the search box, I have discovered this only works for Pro versions since gpedit.msc is completely absent in Home versions. I did a bit of digging and found a solution as...
  7. how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?: I tried right clicking the tiles but theres no option to remove submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg7n11/how_to_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the_search/
  8. How to disable the display of recent searches in Windows 10's Search Box

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the display of recent searches in Windows 10's Search Box: When you run a search on Windows 10, you can do so using the Start Menu or the dedicated search box if it is displayed. Both search options use the same Windows Search component to display search results to the user, but the front page of the services differ. The Start Menu...
  9. How to disable Top Apps in Cortana

in Cortana
    How to disable Top Apps in Cortana: When I click the Cortana search bar, the expected menu appears. At the top it says, "Top Apps" with four applications listed under it. How do I disable this from appearing? On the Windows 10 with the May 2019 update....
  10. How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?: I just installed my first Win 10 1903 on one of my PCs a couple days ago. And I just now tried the new Search. I have a bunch tiles labeled "Top apps" across the top of the screen. These certainly aren't my top applications, but even if they were, I wouldn't want this in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable top apps windows 10 search gpe

2. how to stop Top apps from showing up in windows search using registry

3. disable top apps windows 10 search

4. windows 10 seacrh top app disable,
  5. remove app from top apps in type here to search in windows 10,
  6. clear top apps list,
  7. how to remove apps in search box,
  8. remove popular apps search windowa,
  9. remove top apps from cortana,
  10. remove top apps from search box,
  11. windows 10 taskbar search box why does it show top apps,