Windows 10: how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

Discus and support how to disable touchpad for asus laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to disable the touchpad for asus laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alexdesatoff1, Aug 24, 2019.

1. how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

how to disable the touchpad for asus laptop

:)

alexdesatoff1, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

how to disable touchpad for asus laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Aug 24, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

1. how to disable touchpad for asus laptop - Similar Threads - disable touchpad asus

2. touchpad Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad Asus laptop: The fn-9 does not toggle touchpad on-off. ALSO Settings/Touchpad does NOT have a switch to turn the touchpad off I have installed the latest ATK package from ASUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-asus-laptop/0b72da2a-ef4b-49de-ab5b-197eaa525486
  3. Touchpad on Asus laptop dies

Touchpad on Asus laptop dies: I've got an Asus ZenBook 15 which has now had the touchpad go dead just after an Office update. The proposed solutions from Microsoft don't work, and the ASUS solution is to reset the computer, which also hasn't solved the problem. Has anybody else dealt with MS or ASUS on...
  4. Disabling laptop touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling laptop touchpad: Until recently, there was a box to check on the touchpad settings that disabled it when a USB pointing device was connected. That's no longer there, and I haven't been able to find a way to disable the touchpad. Can anyone help? Running Windows 10 Home with latest updates on...
  5. Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop

Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop: Hey guys, I have an ASUS G751JL laptop running Windows 10 version 1903 and I can't for the life of me disable the touchpad. I've spent hours troubleshooting it and nothing has worked so far and the F9 function key isn't working. So far I have *updated all my drivers,...
  6. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  7. ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  8. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  9. How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?

How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?: How can I disable the ASUS touchpad on my ASUS laptop? The latest Windows 10 upgrade restored the functionality of the touchpad, which I had disabled. I have uninstalled the touchpad driver and restarted the computer three times from Control Panel, but it still works. I...
  10. Asus touchpad how do i disable

Asus touchpad how do i disable: I had the touch pad disabled on my asus N76V when an external mouse was connected - which is 99% of the time. It was pretty simple in my mouse settings. Since installing W10 it no longer shuts off. I even went so far as following an instruction to go into startup and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable touch pad asus laptop