Windows 10: how to disable touchpad hover on a windows 10

Discus and support how to disable touchpad hover on a windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I dither over clicking on something it takes the action immediately, which is leading to half completed emails being sent! I've been to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JulianGibson1, Sep 25, 2020.

1. how to disable touchpad hover on a windows 10

Whenever I dither over clicking on something it takes the action immediately, which is leading to half completed emails being sent!

I've been to the Ease of Access settings and the hover box is unchecked. I've checked it, re-booted, unchecked it, re-booted but no difference.

I am not at all techie, but I do know I'm using a Dell Inspiration laptop. The Touchpad Setting has nothing about this on it, and just says that "Your PC has a precision touchpad".

:)

JulianGibson1, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Disable touchpad hover-select feature

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want to disable the Touchpad hover select feature, I suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Parth P Patel
    replied on 31st July 2015.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

how to disable touchpad hover on a windows 10

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

how to disable touchpad hover on a windows 10

1. how to disable touchpad hover on a windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable touchpad hover

2. Disable Hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  3. Disable Hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  4. How to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable touchpad: Sir,while typing hand lies on touchpad and by the time cursor is change its direction and its cause too many problems. its very bad to remove disable or off button of touch pad please enable it soon....
  5. How to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable touchpad: Prior to the latest update, I had my touchpad set to disable when it detected a mouse. With the latest update, my touchpad has been re-enabled and I can't find the settings to disable it. Can anyone help?...
  6. How to disable touchpad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable touchpad?: Help me to disable touchpad of my HP laptop.I can't find an option to disable it in the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad/3409ede4-c510-4a46-bf39-66015ce14933
  7. How to disable touchpad?

How to disable touchpad?: I am trying to disable my touchpad on my hp loptop. The settings do not give me an option to disable and it is really being a problem for me when I am typing. I tried uninstalling the driver for the touchpad because that was my only option but even that doesn't work. Can...
  8. Mouse hover - how to disable in Windows 10 Pro?

Mouse hover - how to disable in Windows 10 Pro?: I have a new computer with Windows 10 Pro. When I hover the mouse pointer over a link, it opens quickly and automatically. I know from reading others' questions that in earlier versions of Windows, this function could be unclicked in Ease of Access. I don't see that option...
  9. Disable touchpad hover-select feature

Disable touchpad hover-select feature: Really? Is this true? As I read in another post--this really complicates any work I want to do as I have to keep closing windows that I didn't want to open and paging back to where was working. This is absolutely maddening and makes me think of switching to Apple!!!...
  10. How to Disable Touchpad

How to Disable Touchpad: Have Windows 10 and an Asus Laptop. I desperately want to disable the touchpad. I prefer a mouse. HELP!! Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-disable-touchpad/dcf895d7-6c1f-467c-8f28-14500dbf0544