Windows 10: how to disable touchpad on hp laptop in windows ten. I use an usb port mouse

Discus and support how to disable touchpad on hp laptop in windows ten. I use an usb port mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a usb port mouse the instructions don't sow up on my computer. I did this once before but don't remember how I did it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimLee6, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JimLee6 Win User

how to disable touchpad on hp laptop in windows ten. I use an usb port mouse

I use a usb port mouse

the instructions don't sow up on my computer. I did this once before but don't remember how I did it.

:)

JimLee6, Sep 19, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 19, 2018
  3. JodyA222 Win User
    3.0 usb ports only on new HP laptop, mouse will not connect

My laptop HP ENVY only has 3.0 usb ports .. the mouse will not fit in the port.

It is also running windows 10 and I have a wireless microsoft mouse.

My question is: Is it even possible to purchase a wireless mouse for the 3.0 usb port??

JodyA222, Sep 19, 2018
  4. how to disable touchpad on hp laptop in windows ten. I use an usb port mouse

Cannot disable touchpad with Windows 10

On my Linx 1010 pc tablet with keyboard and touchpad combo unit connected. Looks like a mini laptop.

Caution: make sure your external mouse works before continuing

Now unplug external mouse from usb port

or make sure it is unplugged.

Press windows button

click on settings icon

click on Devices icon

(mouse is listed)

Click mouse and touchpad in left column

click on additional mouse options

click on hardware tab

should be one device listed

Shown as mouse on my pc tab

click on properties

click on change settings

click on disable

mouse pad should now be disabled. Check this.

Plug in external mouse pad to usb port.

FrancisPhilip, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

how to disable touchpad on hp laptop in windows ten. I use an usb port mouse

1. how to disable touchpad on hp laptop in windows ten. I use an usb port mouse - Similar Threads - disable touchpad laptop

2. Unable to disable touchpad when using mouse.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to disable touchpad when using mouse.: Why did Microsoft not allow touchpad to be disabled when using mouse? It is so idiotic!!! It is very frustrating. I will have to cover the touchpad with hard plastic or cardboard so as not to accidentally move the cursor....
  3. How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse?

How to disable the Elantech Touchpad mouse?: I have followed the three published suggestions for disabling the ELAN touchpad disable the device, update the driver, change the Registry, but nothing works. I have also tried disabling the ELAN Service, and that, too, does not work. I use a USB mouse, not the laptop...
  4. Using BLUETOOTH Microsoft mouse and touchpad will not disable.

Using BLUETOOTH Microsoft mouse and touchpad will not disable.: All the posts about disabling the touchpad on my HP Envy talk about when using a USB mouse. I use a Microsoft BLUETOOTH mouse, and I can find no posts anywhere to help me turn off this @@@%^^& touchpad. I do coding several hours a day and spend far too much DANGEROUS time...
  5. How to disable laptop touchpad when mouse is connected

How to disable laptop touchpad when mouse is connected: Where is the setting to disable the laptop touchpad while a wireless mouse in connected? I'm using a logitec wireless mouse. Windows 10. This has worked for years but somehow touchpad is now active while mouse is plugged in....
  6. mouse not disabling touchpad

mouse not disabling touchpad: mouse not disabling touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-not-disabling-touchpad/1e36e4be-29f9-416e-b35b-679cbf16f790
  7. Disabling HP touchpad

Disabling HP touchpad: After a recent Windows 10 update, I can no longer disable the touchpad. None of the solutions available online will work on my laptop. I have a HP-15b51xx, Laptop-UVHJIJ6N. I will provide additional info as needed....
  8. ANSWER TO HOW TO DISABLE TOUCHPAD WHEN EXTERNAL MOUSE USED

ANSWER TO HOW TO DISABLE TOUCHPAD WHEN EXTERNAL MOUSE USED: Go to DEVICE MANAGER Click on Mice and other pointing devises There should be two options listed and right click on the one that is NOT USB choice After right click choose DISABLE DEVICE...
  9. Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.: Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-enabledisable-hp-laptop-touchpad/6203722d-405c-42c2-b3b5-8894213e6d0d
  10. Disable Touchpad and use External mouse

Disable Touchpad and use External mouse: How do I use only the plug in mouse and not the mouse pad? * Moved from IE10/other ***Modified title from: I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up.***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i enable my hp mouse instead of using usb mouse

2. Defeat mouse pad\

3. laptop hp treating touchpad as usb device

4. defeat touch pad,
  5. touch pad on envy,
  6. use wireless mouse and touchpad on hp laptop,
  7. turn off touchpad hp envy windows 10,
  8. turn off touchpad on hp envy windows 10,
  9. how to defeat the touchpad on my hp laptop,
  10. touch pad is not working on my hp envy,
  11. how to defeat hp touch pad,