Windows 10: How to disable Touchpad?

Discus and support How to disable Touchpad? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The following info is virtually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David552, Jun 8, 2023.

1. David552 Win User

How to disable Touchpad?

The following info is virtually useless.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad/e256f2cb-a6c1-4496-a411-543e7b49d97cbecause Control Panel -> Mouse does not have a Device Settings Tab on my machineBecause Device Manager -> Mouse has two2 Hid_compliant Mouse devices i figured out which was the touchpad and disabled it.making this semi-useful informationI am on Windows 10 and there is another means of doing this that apparently Microsoft does not recommendStart ->Settings -> TouchpadThe top two entries the first is a toggle to turn the Touchpad

:)

David552, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

How to disable Touchpad?

1. How to disable Touchpad? - Similar Threads - disable Touchpad

2. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  3. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  4. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  5. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  6. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update: Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is...
  7. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update: Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is...
  8. Touchpad disables itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  9. Touchpad disables itself

Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  10. How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?

How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?: I use a HP Pavilion x360 and unfortunately if I apply any pressure to the left of the touchpad right where my wrist lays while typing, the physical left click button triggers and causes all sorts of problems. I'd like to disable this button, and instead use tap gestures to...