Windows 10: How to disable trackpad? 2020 and resolved

Discus and support How to disable trackpad? 2020 and resolved in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried everything, but there is no option to disable track-pad anymore. There's nothing to disable it, just a single option to turn the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IKnox, Sep 12, 2020.

1. IKnox Win User

How to disable trackpad? 2020 and resolved

I've tried everything, but there is no option to disable track-pad anymore.

There's nothing to disable it, just a single option to turn the sensitivity up or down. BUT NOT OFF!

You can tell that someone went on a vendetta just to remove all options to disable it. I have a mouse in the USB, and yet.... ITS STILL GOING.

Can someone just tell me how to turn it off?

Resolved:

Manually went into SynMSIApp and disabled it there.

Don't know why I had to go there to disable it, but now the issue is resolved.

:)

IKnox, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Unable to disable laptop trackpad after Windows 10 update (Feb 2019)

Hi Shawn, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

One way to disable the trackpad would be to use Device Manager. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your trackpad in the list.

- Right-click the trackpad, and choose Uninstall Device.

This should stop the trackpad from functioning. If you want to re-enable it, you can follow the same steps and choose Enable instead.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, Sep 12, 2020
  3. noejavier Win User
    trackpad not working

No. Because the troubleshooting guide on device manager wont even resolve my solution as it is also a basic and one of the primary steps to do but no avail. Tried installing powerplan7 and trackpad++ suggested by relentless on apple forums but with
    no success for me. Until now i can't use windows 10 installed on my macbook pro 15inch late 2008 because of the trackpad/touchpad failure.

noejavier, Sep 12, 2020
  4. How to disable trackpad? 2020 and resolved

Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

How to disable trackpad? 2020 and resolved

1. How to disable trackpad? 2020 and resolved - Similar Threads - disable trackpad 2020

2. Cannot disable trackpad anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable trackpad anymore?: So recently I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop, and only a few minor things changed. I do not use the trackpad whatsoever so I figured I would disable it via pressing the key on the keyboard... it didn't work. I figured that I would have to go into the settings and...
  3. Cannot disable trackpad anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot disable trackpad anymore?: So recently I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop, and only a few minor things changed. I do not use the trackpad whatsoever so I figured I would disable it via pressing the key on the keyboard... it didn't work. I figured that I would have to go into the settings and...
  4. Cannot disable trackpad anymore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cortana Trackpad Gesture and How to Disable it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Trackpad Gesture and How to Disable it?: Hey everyone, So I have windows 10 home single language and that language is Turkish. Cortana doesn't support Turkish so I can't use it as well. A certain gesture keeps on bringing up Cortana on my pc and it is extremely frustrating since I can't close it too, it always...
  6. Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging: So since my trackpad is trash I had to enable this and it's likeable, my issue with this is that if I tap 2 times in a "short" time on a chrome tab, for instance, it will start dragging it and its really annoying. Basically I want it to register a click, but not remembering...
  7. disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad: I have a touchscreen tablet running Windows 10 Home 2004 build 19041.572. I have disabled touchscreen edge swipe with a registry key change: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI] "AllowEdgeSwipe"=dword:00000000 I have a basic Bluetooth keyboard...
  8. How on Earth do you disable trackpad??? 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    How on Earth do you disable trackpad??? 2020: I've tried everything, but there is no option to disable track-pad anymore. There's nothing to disable it, just a single option to turn the sensitivity up or down. BUT NOT OFF! You can tell that someone went on a vendetta just to remove all options to disable it. I have a...
  9. Asus trackpad wont disable

Asus trackpad wont disable: Yeah, I'm fully aware of the other threads about this very issue, but not a single one has helped. fn+f9 doesn't work. Neither does updating or uninstalling the drivers. The options to disable the trackpad simply just aren't there. It's frustrating because the trackpad had...
  10. Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad

Disabling Palm Rejection for Trackpad: How do I do that, I am going nuts just trying to do quick adjustments on a doc and getting stopped by this stupid palm rejection that is nothing more than a time lock on the trackpad after typing. I have windows precision drivers, so it should be controlled somewhere in...