Windows 10: How to disable update to Windows 11?

Discus and support How to disable update to Windows 11? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My device is at Windows 10 and I'm not interested in updating to Windows 11. But from time to time when its in hibernation mode, it will restartwithout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by topazand, May 23, 2022.

1. topazand Win User

How to disable update to Windows 11?

My device is at Windows 10 and I'm not interested in updating to Windows 11. But from time to time when its in hibernation mode, it will restartwithout noticing and show a window that tells me to update. It is possible that I will loss important work because of this unprompted update. Is there ways to disable thatbetter permanently?

:)

topazand, May 23, 2022
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, May 23, 2022
  3. IraLevy Win User
    windows 11 update disabled microsoft 11

MICROSOFT RECENTLY UPDATED MY WINDOWS 10 TO WINDOWS 11. THE UPDATE CAUSED MY MICROSOFT EDGE TO PARTIALLY NOT WORK.

WHEN I CLICK THE EDGE ICON, THE EDGE LOGO FIRST APPEARS AS USUAL. THE EDGE UPPER BARS APPEAR WITH A BLANK PAGE BELOW. THE SCREEN NEVER DISPLAYS THE HOME PAGE. IT JUST REMAINS BLANK FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS AND ABUPTLY CLOSES. EDGE IS A LOT FASTER THAN IE.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS HOW TO RESTORE EDGE AFTER THE WINDOWS 11 UPDATE/UPGRADE APPARTENLY PARTIALLY DISABLED MY EDGE? I ALREADY RESTORED MY SYSTEM TO JUST BEFORE THE UPDATE OCCURRED. EDGE STILL DIDN'T FUNCTION. I THEN RESTORED THE UPDATE TO WINDOWS 11. NO CHANGE
    -- EDGE FUNCTIONS AS DESCRIBED ABOVE? ANY HELP FOR ME?

IraLevy, May 23, 2022
  4. How to disable update to Windows 11?

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, May 23, 2022
Thema:

How to disable update to Windows 11?

1. How to disable update to Windows 11? - Similar Threads - disable update

2. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  3. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  4. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to permanent disable Windows Updates on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanent disable Windows Updates on Windows 11?: I have a dell laptop I got for taking to and from uni. The school gave me a 900 dollar grant for a laptop from the student store and it was dell or a Mac. It has a loose connector and sometimes runs out of juice.So. I go afk and it runs out of batteries. It happens sometimes....
  6. How to permanent disable Windows Updates on Windows 11?

How to permanent disable Windows Updates on Windows 11?: I have a dell laptop I got for taking to and from uni. The school gave me a 900 dollar grant for a laptop from the student store and it was dell or a Mac. It has a loose connector and sometimes runs out of juice.So. I go afk and it runs out of batteries. It happens sometimes....
  7. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...
  8. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...
  9. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  10. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....