Windows 10: How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates

Discus and support How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Two days ago I had a graphics driver update forced on me, along with that windows installed some security updates (which is fine) and installed an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wooohah, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Wooohah Win User

How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates

Two days ago I had a graphics driver update forced on me, along with that windows installed some security updates (which is fine) and installed an application called the "Update Assistant".
    The update assistant eventually forced me to upgrade to version 1709 when I've been on 1607.
    The strange thing was, I had updates turned off by disabling the Windows Update service via services.msc. After disabling it, it kept going back onto manual start (but the service was still stopped).
    I even tried turning off the triggers for the Windows Update Assistant via the task scheduler. Eventually I managed to delete the program and turn off the triggers for Windows Update in task scheduler as well.
    However the Windows Update service still went back onto Manual... this worked for about.... 12-16 hours before it turned back on.

What's going on? What keeps turning the windows update service back on? I'm getting very frustrated, Computer has worked fine hence why I prefer updates off. Creators update completely messes with my performance in game, which is one of the main reasons I spent so much to build this system.

My only real next option is disabling windows updates via the registry editor. Now I know there's a few ways to do it, but I'm not sure of what the real difference is. Which edit key should I enter? (Outlined here)
    Configure Automatic Updates using Registry Editor

I'm currently temporarily using the AUOptions key with a value of 2, which allows the system to notify me and let me decide when to download and install updates. I'd however like to disable windows update completely, and I'll turn it back on manually when I need to install updates.

Thank you.

:)

Wooohah, Dec 14, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2017
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    Here's how to Disable Forced updates in Windows 10

Here's how to Disable Forced updates in Windows 10. Click the link at the bottom of this Page to download a program from Microsoft to be able to to "Hide" certain updates that you don't want the same as in earlier versions of Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

WindowsOS, Dec 14, 2017
  4. How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates

TairikuOkami, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Wooohah Win User
    I've done #3, and it hasn't worked. I've done #5 and something keeps renabling it recently. I'm trying to not do it via a metered connection.
    The other options don't work as I'm on Windows 10 home. :/

Im trying to disable it at the moment using registry editor

Wooohah, Dec 14, 2017
Thema:

How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates

1. How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates - Similar Threads - disable updates via

2. Regedit Windows 11 Home - Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit Windows 11 Home - Disabled: Hello Everyone,Been using Win 11 for a while.Need to edit the Registry to get the extended Properties Menu that's helpfully been removed by Microsoft as the default setting.The problem is that Regedit will no longer permit modification of the appropriate keyHave tried the...
  3. Regedit Windows 11 Home - Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regedit Windows 11 Home - Disabled: Hello Everyone,Been using Win 11 for a while.Need to edit the Registry to get the extended Properties Menu that's helpfully been removed by Microsoft as the default setting.The problem is that Regedit will no longer permit modification of the appropriate keyHave tried the...
  4. How to disable win update permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable win update permanently: I wanted to disable windows update so I tried to disable it from the services.msc option but as soon as I restarted my computer it automatically switched to manual from disabled and this is happening again and again with me please do reply if you have faced a similar issues...
  5. disable force feedback support via regedit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable force feedback support via regedit: Hi, I need to disable the force feedback to a virual controller device "vjoy". I have already renamed this Keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1234&PID_BEAD\OEMForceFeedback...
  6. Win10 home a update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 home a update: Hi. I want update Win 10 home in notebook Lenovo V130 and error generate. 1. update from aplication Win 10 - only view inicialing and nothing. 2. update from manual : download KBxxxxxxx manualy and start and generate erorrs: 2147943458 The service cannot be...
  7. win10 home. how to Disable hot key WIN+TAB?

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 home. how to Disable hot key WIN+TAB?: the guides from Google were unhelpful 134258
  8. Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating: So I have been using an earlier build of windows 10 Pro for a while now without incident for my laptop up until just recently when my system crashed with a blue screen error about Host configure Error or something that basically disabled my ability to load up my desktop to...
  9. Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating: So I have been using an earlier build of windows 10 Pro for a while now without incident for my laptop up until just recently when my system crashed with a blue screen error about Host configure Error or something that basically disabled my ability to load up my desktop to...
  10. how to disable win10 auto update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to disable win10 auto update?: how to disable win10 auto update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-win10-auto-update/650900ee-a7c9-4680-843d-73073c5b2193