Windows 10: How to disable USB not recognised popup message

Discus and support How to disable USB not recognised popup message in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Colleagues How do I disable 'USB not recognised' popup message? I've found how to do it for Windows 7, but the instructions don't seem to apply to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IanWhiteBoss, Apr 8, 2019.

1. How to disable USB not recognised popup message

Colleagues

How do I disable 'USB not recognised' popup message?

I've found how to do it for Windows 7, but the instructions don't seem to apply to Windows 10, i.e. there's no box to untick in System Device Manager/USB Controllers/USB Enhanced Host Controller/Properties/Advanced/Don't tell me about USB errors

I've done a related USB drivers update check, but the system says all drivers are up to date.

Your assistance will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Ian

:)

IanWhiteBoss, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 8, 2019
  3. monim1 Win User
    Tweaktown popup to disable adblocker?

Using adblocker is the simplest way but if the site urges to disable the adblocker, then I block the popups

monim1, Apr 8, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

How to disable USB not recognised popup message

USB not recognised after years using it.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    Uninstalling USB Device and booting up and reconnecting the Xpress USB flush drive did not work it was still not recognised on any of the 6 USB 2.0 or on any of the 7 ports on the USB 3.0 hub, although it is recognised on other pc. I am now transferring the data to another USB drive before I format the Xpress and see if it is recognised again in the original pc.

scopio, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

How to disable USB not recognised popup message

1. How to disable USB not recognised popup message - Similar Threads - disable USB recognised

2. How to disable the popup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the popup?: My window shows automatically a setting popup how i remove it or disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-popup/49771d74-68c1-4949-8959-05021a4ebbce
  3. How to disable the popup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the popup?: My window shows automatically a setting popup how i remove it or disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-popup/49771d74-68c1-4949-8959-05021a4ebbce
  4. How to disable the popup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  6. Popup Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popup Message: Hi,Was just wondering if anyone knew why I keep getting this popup message every time I turn or on restart my laptop?This was an issue I had with Windows 10 as well, before updating to 11....
  7. Popup Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popup Message: Hi,Was just wondering if anyone knew why I keep getting this popup message every time I turn or on restart my laptop?This was an issue I had with Windows 10 as well, before updating to 11....
  8. Message Popups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message Popups: A little box stating the screen size pops up about every 15 - 20 minutes and it will take down whatever I am doing. This is very aggravating and I never had it happen with Windows 7. I do not like Windows 10 because it is entirely too hard to work with. It does strange things...
  9. Popup message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Popup message: Getting this message at startup "Work or school account problem. We need to fix your work or school account (most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experienced settings....
  10. popup messages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    popup messages: Hi Guys. Keep getting these popping up bugging me to upgrade, how do I stop these? going to give it 6 months or so before I decide which way or the other, if I'm going to go with windows 10 or stay with 7. thanks in advance. [img] [img] 14492

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable usb device not recognized message