Windows 10: How to disable user password in UEFI?

Discus and support How to disable user password in UEFI? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I turned on user password and administrator password in UEFIvivobook x412ua, bios - 305 The administrator password is ok, but user password is very... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbhinavKakati, Sep 27, 2020.

1. How to disable user password in UEFI?

I turned on user password and administrator password in UEFIvivobook x412ua, bios - 305
    The administrator password is ok, but user password is very irritating. Every time I turn on my PC, it asks for password before loading the OS.
    I want to remove it but there is no option in the uefi to this. How to disable it?

:)

AbhinavKakati, Sep 27, 2020

2. How to disable user log-in password

Hi Gary,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know when you say ‘’second user account’’ is this user account is Microsoft account?

Please be informed that if you are not using Microsoft account, you cannot disable the password option. However, to disable the password you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

If you are using Microsoft account you can try the below steps to convert the Microsoft account to local user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.

• Keep the password blank (local user account).
    Note: If you are not using Microsoft account you will not able to use complete Windows features.

Hope this helps. Please share the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 27, 2020
  4. How to disable user password in UEFI?

how to delete user password?

Hi Susilo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the accounts are local account or Microsoft account. Are you trying to remove the login password?

If you are trying to remove the login password, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key + R to open command prompt, and type "netplwiz"
    • Uncheck "user must enter user name and password to use this computer", then click "ok"
    • Enter your user name and password, then click "ok"
    • Restart your computer.
    I would like to inform you that it is recommended to activate the password for security reasons.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

How to disable user password in UEFI?

1. How to disable user password in UEFI? - Similar Threads - disable user password

2. How to disable the password reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the password reset?: Hi, i think i am running out password as i need to reset it every month https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-password-reset/4ca4f5c6-f211-4bda-8bdb-cb27969e9f44
  3. How to disable password changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable password changing: Hello,i would like to ask how to disable the necessary password change, i literally ran out of combinations and its really annoying.Thank you very much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-password-changing/6dfe93a5-9522-4260-9c2a-ea28132dfc7b
  4. How to disable password changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable password changing: Hello,i would like to ask how to disable the necessary password change, i literally ran out of combinations and its really annoying.Thank you very much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-password-changing/6dfe93a5-9522-4260-9c2a-ea28132dfc7b
  5. How to disable password changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. UEFI password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI password?: so recently I've sat a supervisor password for the UEFI and when I try to launch UEFI again. It asks for the password and i entered the supervisor password. But it results in "invalid password" I'm pretty sure that I was typing the correct one anyway suggestions on solving...
  7. How to disable lockscreen and password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable lockscreen and password?: I tried the ntplwiz method, it didn't work. submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6zc0i/how_to_disable_lockscreen_and_password/
  8. how do i disable the password expiration feature on the admin user

how do i disable the password expiration feature on the admin user: how do i disable the password expiration feature on the admin user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-password-expiration-feature/a81f9157-e6b9-4af2-906a-f2558198a314
  9. how to disable password at startup

how to disable password at startup: Last night I thought I disabled the Login password from the Start menu. When I restarted my computer I didn't have to login. But this morning when I start my computer the Login password box is there again. If anyone knows a way where the Login password is disabled I'd...
  10. Password....How To Disable ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password....How To Disable ?: O.k.......Just got the Mrs. a Lenovo laptop, Windows 10 installed........whilst setting it up, I mistakenly set it to require a password on start up......tried everything to get rid of this password from the start screen, but nothing seems to work.......anyone got any ideas...