Windows 10: How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.

Discus and support How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 which one I hate so much. So I got monitor connected to display port and its identy is nr2. Audio receiver is connected to hdmi port identy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Einssv, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Einssv Win User

How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.

Windows 10 which one I hate so much. So I got monitor connected to display port and its identy is nr2. Audio receiver is connected to hdmi port identy Nr1. How I can tell disable monitor function in hdmi port. Or change identities easy way without deleting registry files. Why? When I boot up my pc all picture goes to audio receiver. In bios priority is to display port. Main monitor is not the receiver but do what you want that pice of s**t boots up pc in audio receiver. Already wasted almost week to this **** and I'm start looking to hammer any stop using Microsoft products or downgrade everyt

:)

Einssv, Nov 26, 2022

2. About the using of HDMI as audio output

Hi

I'm using my Geforce GTX 1080 to output audio through HDMI to a amplifier (Onkyo TX-NR686). But that amplifier doesn't allow the use of FreeSync and Nvidia neither allows it in HDMI so I've connected my TV through Display Port and used HDMI throug the amplifier
    for audio. The problem comes in the system asking to use HDMI for video in order of being able to select it as audio device.

I solved it "extending" my desktop and having the ghost TV of the amplifier in the upper-right position of my desktop to disabling the mouse travelling between desktops. I put the Amplifier in 480p to reduce VRAM usage but I think it would be better to being
    able to disable the video at all but maintaining the HDMI usage for audio.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Seth Garamonde, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Audio output while connected with HDMI

I'm connected to a projector with an HDMI cable and want to use the audio output from the computer to connect to a local PA system. The default is that when HDMI is connected, the computer audio port is disabled. How do I enable it?

LewisPhinney, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Jan J.23 Win User

2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

Hello, I'm Jan and I'm happy to help you today. I'm sorry that you are experiencing this problem with the TV HDMI audio.

Ensure that the HDMI audio for the TV is selected as the playback device in the Sound settings.

If the HDMI audio driver is not listed or not working.

Unplug the HDMI cable

Then power cycle/reset your computer.

Shutdown the computer

and unplug the power cables

Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.

Plugin the power cables

then power on the computer

then plug in the TV HDMI directly to your computer.

Also, check Device manager

Expand Sound, video, and game controllers

Look for the display audio drivers

check if rollback is available

then rollback the drivers

Or try to disable and enable the driver.

Jan J.23, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

1. How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary. - Similar Threads - disable video output

2. I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....: I have an NVIDIA Quadro M2000 with as the name implies four DisplayPort DP outputs. I'm using DP > HDMI cables to connect three devices: DP1 out to surround sound receiver to handle all audio. DP2 and DP3 out to dual monitor setup, and DP4 unused. MoBo has an HDMI out that is...
  3. I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....: I have an NVIDIA Quadro M2000 with as the name implies four DisplayPort DP outputs. I'm using DP > HDMI cables to connect three devices: DP1 out to surround sound receiver to handle all audio. DP2 and DP3 out to dual monitor setup, and DP4 unused. MoBo has an HDMI out that is...
  4. I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.: Windows 10 which one I hate so much. So I got monitor connected to display port and its identy is nr2. Audio receiver is connected to hdmi port identy Nr1. How I can tell disable monitor function in hdmi port. Or change identities easy way without deleting registry files....
  6. How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.

How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.: Windows 10 which one I hate so much. So I got monitor connected to display port and its identy is nr2. Audio receiver is connected to hdmi port identy Nr1. How I can tell disable monitor function in hdmi port. Or change identities easy way without deleting registry files....
  7. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  8. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  9. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

10. HDMI Output Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b