Windows 10: How to disable virtual numpad from appearing after start up?

Discus and support How to disable virtual numpad from appearing after start up? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/filipinoRedditor25 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/filipinoRedditor25, Aug 8, 2020.

1. How to disable virtual numpad from appearing after start up?

/u/filipinoRedditor25, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Thomas Jr Win User

Numpad lock getting disabled all the time

I am so pissed and annoyed with the behavior of my HP notebook. This model doesn't have an LED to indicate if the Numpad is activated or not. It's extremely frustrating how often it's getting disabled at start-up, it's
    hell.

I know there is a setting in the BIOS, it's set so the Numpad is activated upon start (I might have to doublecheck it though, just in case). Windows 10 also has registry keys to set Numpad to active on start-up, I set
    all these keys (current user, etc.) to "80000002", which means Numpad active.

And yet, time and time again the pest goes back to being deactivated.

I also set a vbscript that runs on start-up and sets the status of Numpad to active. None of this is working!!

At times it works, but it's not consistent. It's most definitely a Windows issue.

I just noticed that some start-up program or setting is disabling the Numpad on start-up. I noticed this when as soon as the computer started, before it had loaded everything, I opened Notepad and tested
    the Numpad, it was working. Then after Windows loaded a few more things, it disabled the Numpad.

Any ideas what could fix this? I'm so frustrated with this notebook, it's hell.

Thomas Jr, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Thomas Jr Win User
    Numpad lock getting disabled all the time

There's only one account on this laptop and it's an admin account. I am the only one who uses it.

Besides, as I said previously, today I just got it upgraded to 1903 (from 18##, don't recall the number).

So, no, those suggestions won't change anything.

For now, I disabled the vbscript which was flipping the state of Numpad, I set the registry keys so that it will remember the last state (ON), after a restart.

As a last resort, if it keeps failing, I now have a vbscript which will check the Numpad state at start-up, and if it's off, it will set to ON.

This should do the trick, though I wish this damn wasn't as complicated, it wasn't supposed to be so pesky and difficult. Shame on Microsoft and shame on HP.

Thomas Jr, Aug 8, 2020
  4. How to disable virtual numpad from appearing after start up?

How to permanently disable ms virtual wifi adapter

Hi,

You may permanently disable the Virtual Network Adapter and Virtual Wifi Adapter by deleting it completely from the Network and Sharing Center.

To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • On the left-side, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on the name of the adapter, then choose Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

How to disable virtual numpad from appearing after start up?

1. How to disable virtual numpad from appearing after start up? - Similar Threads - disable virtual numpad

2. Virtual numpad won't show in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual numpad won't show in tablet mode: Hybrid laptop/tablet running Win11.If I set up the virtual keyboard in laptop mode landscape mode then I can get the virtual number pad.If I fold the keyboard away and rotate into portrait mode I still have the same virtual keyboard with virtual numpad.BUT...If I close the...
  3. Virtual numpad won't show in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual numpad won't show in tablet mode: Hybrid laptop/tablet running Win11.If I set up the virtual keyboard in laptop mode landscape mode then I can get the virtual number pad.If I fold the keyboard away and rotate into portrait mode I still have the same virtual keyboard with virtual numpad.BUT...If I close the...
  4. Numpad acting up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numpad acting up: I have no idea what's happening, I was working as usual and PC updated I'm using 21H2.Today as I booted my pc and went on working, my numpad started doing strange things, it acts as if both on and off at the same time,I'll give an example, I'll type the entire thing starting...
  5. Numpad acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numpad acting up: I have no idea what's happening, I was working as usual and PC updated I'm using 21H2.Today as I booted my pc and went on working, my numpad started doing strange things, it acts as if both on and off at the same time,I'll give an example, I'll type the entire thing starting...
  6. Numpad acting up

7. bluestacks pop up after windows 10 start how to disable this

bluestacks pop up after windows 10 start how to disable this: I have an annoying situation. I had installed blue stacks app player some time ago. Now I am in middle of some presentation or some work and blue stack pops up. I searched in services.msc , also in msconfig but I could not find any service related to bluestack to stop from...
  8. bluestacks pop up after windows 10 start how to disable this

in Windows 10 Support
    bluestacks pop up after windows 10 start how to disable this: I have an annoying situation. I had installed blue stacks app player some time ago. Now I am in middle of some presentation or some work and blue stack pops up. I searched in services.msc , also in msconfig but I could not find any service related to bluestack to stop from...
  9. bluestacks pop up after windows 10 start how to disable this

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How can disable bing from popping up at start up?

in Cortana
    How can disable bing from popping up at start up?: I have an up to date windows 10 on an up to date desktop PC Bing is a blight every time I start my PC I never asked for it and never wanted it Windows central https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-bing-search-windows-10-start-menu offers easy steps. But I can't...